Help me ID this toy please!

Sambamama

Dec 29, 2012
T
Parrots
M
I don't recall where I picked it up, but I just put it in my macaw's cage and he loved it! It's a natural jute covered ball that hangs off a jute string, the quick link is plastic. The ball has a tassle at the bottom and it rattles.

My bird promptly nipped through the string, so what appears in the photo is shorter than what it originally came like.... I want to keep him supplied with more. I've never seen him enjoy a toy so much!

I am pretty sure that I just saw these in one of the recent pet catalogs too, but for the life of me I can't find it on either the Drs Foster and Smith online nor on the Pet Solutions online catalog either. I don't have a hard copy of the catalogs though anymore.

If anyone can tell me the brand of this toy, and where to buy more I will much appreciate it!

:blue1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 178

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh!! The name is slipping my mind, as it's been a long time since I've seen it along with a name attached to it. I do believe it is by a well known company that makes other similar toys. I think the cargo nets?

If I remember I will for sure come back here and let you know, if someone else didn't tell you first. Good luck:)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Almost sure it was Star Bird. I couldn't find it on their website, but maybe contact them. Don't know if yours is a knock off brand or it was discontinued? They're the original makers of the 'get a grip' rope cargo nets. Good luck!

OP
Sambamama

Sambamama

Dec 29, 2012
T
Parrots
M
Thank you!! I do believe that it is a Star Bird vine swing! (I never would have thought to look for it as a swing!) the key feature of this particular style has the tassel and rattle.

If I can't find the exact one again I will look at the other ones. Thank you both so much for the ideas! :)

OP
Sambamama

Sambamama

Dec 29, 2012
T
Parrots
M
Thank you! I had to email them to see how to order, the shopping cart isn't working. :)

Most Reactions