Fullerton,CA
Parrots
20 year old Congo African grey male
12 year old blue and gold macaw male
2 year old greenwing macaw
male
Breeding pair of rosey bourkes
Breeding pair of cockatiels
That's pretty common for hyacinths I noticed that they don't take the sheath there tail feathers. 2 hyacinths from 2 different owners today came in for grooming and had the sheaths on the tail feathers when the feather was fully grown
Interesting! That's something I didn't know. I wonder what might explain it :confused: And why don't the owners help them remove the sheaths like I do for Zaf?

Maybe because the tail area is a place that the bird doesn't like to be touch. That's the only thing I can think of.

Ozzie

Jan 31, 2013
Melbourne
Parrots
ecelectus
Ozzies tail feathers are also all tatty and broken, since I have had him his tail feathers have always been tatty. He is about 6 months old now, and I have a picture of what his tail looks like. It might be from his flying as his wings are clipped so his tail touches the ground for a while before he lands. It dosnt seem to bother him only me as well. (I dont know how to insert a pic you will have to see it in my photos)

Ozzie

Jan 31, 2013
Melbourne
Parrots
ecelectus
Ozzie, also has tatty tail feathers. I have attached a pic in my photos you can see. I think it is from him flying as I have clipped his wings so when he does fly to and from things his tail hits the ground first until he lands. He has a broken one at the moment. And since I have had him he has never had any nice tail feathers. He is only 6 months old. He seems happy though, even though it bothers me.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts