Help to specify my cats breed please

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
My cat Cleopatra in my opinion is the most prettiest cat in the world, but unfortunately we let her out in the evenings to play outside and get some exercise and that is how she either got lost, or some one else took her in. Either way she is in a better place, she left a litter of kittens behind though they are all ready old enough and can eat on their own. But the point is I have done a bit of studying and came to the conclusion that my baby Cleo could be a Turkish Angora or a Maine Coon. I also know that Queen Marie Antionette shipped all her Angoras and Coons across the ocean to Maine, and they are very similar in looks but are also very different. I can't come across which of the two breeds my cat looks like, at first I thought it was an Angora but then I kept researching and saw that she also looks like a Coon.
Here's some pics. Sorry I can only post 3 of them she was taken from us and the idea to have some photos of her only arose once and 3 days before she left.
Thank you for your opinions.

Attachments

• HNI_0083.JPG
    HNI_0083.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 350
  • HNI_0084.JPG
    HNI_0084.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 322
  • HNI_0082.JPG
    HNI_0082.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 356

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
You can rule out Maine Coon because of the shape of the head, ear spacing and eye conformation. MC has a much borader head, larger eyes and ears are tufted. What a beauty he is too.

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
Your girl looks like a beautiful girl, but in the US she would simply be a DMH or DLH (domestic med or long hair) Cat breeds are not really the same as dog breeds due to the lack of much controlled breeding. Many cats are not classifiable which is why they are labeled domestics with a specific coat type. Breeds like Siamese can be isolated by their unique coloring, but purebreds are more easily defined by body type due to a large population of outcrosses to feral and pet populations. Most cat breeds stem from a mutation and then some form of isolated breeding (like the key west poly-dactyls) which have domestic outcrosses frequently. Some breeds like oci-cats are more recent and controlled breedings with wild and domestic stock with the sole purpose of breeding a specific "breed". They are controversial for many reasons as are some of the other "breeds" now available.

I would classify your girl as a dilute calico domestic medium hair. Keep an eye out for her, she may very well turn up.

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo
She is very pretty, but as RescueMe said, she would be considered a DMH or a DLH.

I sincerely hope you try to find her, and get her spayed. There are way too many cats/kittens being euthanized because the populations are too high. Please get her spayed as soon as you can. Thanks :)

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
I sincerely hope you try to find her, and get her spayed. There are way too many cats/kittens being euthanized because the populations are too high. Please get her spayed as soon as you can. Thanks :)

I have the joy of trying to catch a feral family of cats this week. FUNFUN:11:

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo

I have the joy of trying to catch a feral family of cats this week. FUNFUN:11:

Oh, boy! Been there, done that. Oh, the joys of rescue, huh? ;) It's so worth it, though. Thanks for all you do! <3

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
i cant help you with the breed but never give up when an animal is lost, especially a cat. My cat was gone for 40 days and we found him. I have heard of cats lost for over 2 years and they found them.
I hope you find her. Shes so cute

OP
Autumn

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
Thank you for your replies and opinions I am satisfied with them all !
Cleo is really tame, she wood have certain rules and she wood abide by them, except for being on the sofa because she got used to that and never or rarely left any fur behind. She wood let anyone touch her and that's the reason I think that she got taken, she is just to tame. I think she was taken because Cleo wood come at night time or evening and wait by the door, silly cat wood be outside the WHOLE day and when it was time to come it she wood go do her business and stink up the house when she cood of done her business outside. We wood laugh but that is probably the problems she gives her new owners if she was taken. We went and asked to get her spayed and decided to keep her like this. Then it turns out she had a litter of 6 but none of the kittens turned out looking like her but rather the father who looks like a bobcat... But what I am thinking is she gave us enough happiness and I believe she is in better hands with the new owner I am sure, because if it was enough to take her then they must of wanted to care for her and have her. Anyways just some more of my opinions. Thanks again and LOL have I mentioned I also am interested in doing some more research on Border Collies I love those black and white dogs.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Mine looks a lot like a Maine Coon and the big size too!

2010-10-20_01-10-49_45.jpg

I hope you find her, she's a pretty girl!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
As long as we are showing photos of our cats here is Christine. She is a 9 year old pure Maine Coon who has lots and lots of fur. When she was younger she was having her photos taken for calenders. She is totally sweet.

spiritbird-albums-christine-picture2623-2014.jpg

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
As long as we are showing photos of our cats here is Christine. She is a 9 year old pure Maine Coon who has lots and lots of fur. When she was younger she was having her photos taken for calenders. She is totally sweet.

spiritbird-albums-christine-picture2623-2014.jpg

Your pic didn't pop up? I wanna see Christine!!! :)

OP
Autumn

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
Oh what a tease! Where's Christine!
Your Maine Coon has a really great coat looks like you can get your hand lost in there when petting, and look you see on your coon the M on the forehead ? I hear all Coons fancy that M and stands for Maine where they arrived to first.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
We rescued our cats from outside, that pic is Fiyero, I rescued him from a tree. He was stuck in it for 2-3 days from what I was told by the near by neighbor and he was dehydrated and hungry when I brought him home. I was NOT a cat lover to begin with but being a animal lover period while walking my dogs I heard his cry from half a mile away. So I went to investigate and thankfully for those people that's home where Fiyero was stuck in their tree, they told me the story as they've been trying to get him down. I am so glad I have found him as I'm a cat lover for life after having him in my life. He's the best cat in the whole wide world!!!!

Anyway, I blab on and on....lol....We have no idea what he's mixed with but he have Maine Coon in him for sure.

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
Its true that somebody might of taken her in but I still, I would put posters up (if you havent already) and ask everybody around you. If somebody DOES have her in there house, they might give her back. OR if you think its a better home, you can leave her there.
But with lost cats, people seem to think after the've been gone for a while its gone forever. (our neigbor said he had a cat that was lost for 2 years and came back on his doorstep)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots

PetoftheDay

Dec 27, 2010
Boston area, MA
By the way, Cleo is a Domestic Mediumhair cat, an the official name for her coloration is "Dilute Calico."

With her unique markings, you should be able to prove she was yours. Did you have her mirochipped, or did she have a color with identification on it?

OP
Autumn

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure

Aren't we all cat lovers inside, who hasn't said hey that garfield is really something. Or same with Tom the cat or Felix!

But with lost cats, people seem to think after the've been gone for a while its gone forever. (our neigbor said he had a cat that was lost for 2 years and came back on his doorstep)

2 years away from home and came back, and they say that cats never have owners.

With her unique markings, you should be able to prove she was yours. Did you have her mirochipped, or did she have a color with identification on it?

I have no idea bout the color indentifier is, but no we have put nothing on Cleo except a collar.

Most Reactions

Latest posts