Help with handfeeding baby grey day 1

Hwhary722

Feb 21, 2012
Lancaster,PA
Parrots
Pair Cockatiels,Pair diamond doves, pair greys
Anyone ever handfeed baby grey from day 1? If so what time n how many time a day? I got pair greys but they will not feed there babies...they sit n hatch but will not feed them....anyways...wait for grey lay eggs now.....so want get info asap if poss...can email me at [email protected]

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
You should of thought of it before allowing them to breed! Stuffs like that can happen easily! To me feeding from that young is exhausting work and a rewarding experience. Do you even know how? Reasoning behind having pairs of birds and letting them breed?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I've done it a few times when the parents won't care for them. Good thing I work from home at that time so im around all the time. It was exhausting!

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
You don't have to tell me Mickey, as you know i did a few babies from hatch last year. I was so glad when they were on 3 feeds a day. It's ok if their ages are not staggered. Sometimes you just get one chick to 2 weeks & another hatches. Yes very exhausting.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
It feels like your dream walking...I had my alarm set to go off an hour after I sleep then get up and do it again. I slept on the couch until the baby was 2 weeks old.

OP
H

Hwhary722

Feb 21, 2012
Lancaster,PA
Parrots
Pair Cockatiels,Pair diamond doves, pair greys
Yes i handfeed day 1 cockatiels before but never a african grey babies....im home all day...im stay at home mom....just want see get help with times n got wake up ever 1-2hours....Thanx

Most Reactions