Help

Tom14480

Nov 28, 2015
MY Green Cheaek Conure is around 20 years old her name is Baby. She started having problems to day she started screaming and having convulsion could not stand on her pearch trying to fly in her cage.. I got her out and held her she was biting and screaming. I finally got her to calm down . Be she is still not doing to well. Anyone every had this problem.. I know she is old but she has never done this before...:green:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there Tom, and welcome to the forums. :)

I am so sorry to hear Baby has been unwell. What you are describing 'could possibly' be a seizure/seizures. Unfortunately only an avian vet would be able to examine her and run tests.

OP
T

Tom14480

Nov 28, 2015
If you have a trusted vet available, run! Otherwise keep your baby close!

I am , we do not have any avain vets in our area. We have taken good care of her. She is 20 years old.. I do thank you for your reply...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm so sorry to hear this. Is Baby doing any better?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Sounds like a seizure or a mild stroke, both of which are fairly common.

Get thee to an avian vet.

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
Agreed with all the above, please try to find a vet. And please report back what you find, good luck.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Unfortunately, you could be right... Absent an avian vet, especially if this was a stroke, this could be close to the end...

Make her comfortable. Enjoy the time you have left.

OP
T

Tom14480

Nov 28, 2015
If you have a trusted vet available, run! Otherwise keep your baby close!

Just wanted to let everbody know that my BABY passed away this morning. Me and my wife were holding her. It was peaceful. I am 55 years old and cried like a baby.. She was around 21 years old and lived a good life with us So thank to everybody for your help and support last night. you will never know how much it help me.. Thanks Tom Elliott from Florence Alabama:green1:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Tom, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Baby. It's wonderful that you were able to have her as a family member for 21 years. No matter how long we get to keep them, it's never long enough. I'm glad you were there to comfort her on her last evening. You're in my thoughts.

2BadBadger

Nov 23, 2015
England
Parrots
"Mama,Papa" Green Cheek Conures,"Judge" a Black Capped Conure,Fudgie the Budgie,Charlie the Patagonian Conure,Titan and Pearl the Diamond Doves.
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news.
They may be pet birds to some people but to us here our birds have equal standing with everyone else in our families and through our love and care they allow us into their amazing world and love us back so to Baby having you both there when the time came was the best Baby would ever have wished for.
My family and flock are thinking of you.

rosembers

Nov 15, 2015
Tom and family - I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Baby. How devastating. I cannot imagine the pain. I am so glad you were able to be with Baby and comfort her. Wishing you peace and healing.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I'm sorry for your loss......for future reference there's a avian vet in your area at West Launderdale Vet Hospital.

Most Reactions