Help

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
FWIW, I have seen babies plucked to that extent by the parents. However, most breeders that I know, that pay attention to their nests, would have pulled them way before they got to that point. It isn't a far leap to go from plucking their babies to killing them. Being a parent is stressful.

I would be interested to know who this breeder is if he claims to be one of the top tiel breeders in the nation, for I know several of the top tiel breeders and this whole situation does not fit their profiles at all.

As for PBFD, although possible, I think it's unlikely. Generally when it strikes chicks, they don't survive past 2 or 3 weeks at the most. There are exceptions, but the chicks that survive usually show no symptoms. Now, I'm not saying that the bird couldn't be sick, I'm not saying that at all. I just doubt it would be PBFD.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sngrpngr

Apr 16, 2019
I am getting a replacment good
Hopefully he isnt like the last one

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I would not get a baby from this breeder. They arte over 20 days old -- they already have long flight feathers. A responsible breeder would've pulled these babies long ago to finish weaning away from the parents which have clearly plcuekd the babies. Along with that, they aren't even in a real nestbox and it's disgusting looking, poop everywhere. Then they seem to have no idea how old the babies actually are, very careless in my opinion the way they are telling you these things they don't know for sure. A proper breeder keeps careful eyes on all nest boxes and babies inside.

Where exactly are you located? I would run away from this breeder, keep saving your money and instead find a breeder who sells healthy babies. These ones look unhealthy, unkept and not well cared for. This person does not know what they are doing or just had no idea how to help the babies from getting to this point.

DO NOT BUY these babies or anything from this breeder. Depending on where you live, we can recommend a better breeder who actually cares about their birds.

Not trying to be rude, just honest. There are many better breeders out there then this person.

Last edited:

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Itzjbean does have a good point. If you can give us a general idea of where your at, we don't need specifics, many of us know very good breeders all around the world from getting our own babies. We could at least point you in the direction of someone or possibly several breeders that take good care of their babies and raise them responsibly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

munami

Apr 13, 2019
Ottawa, ON
Parrots
Luna // F // Whiteface Pearl Cockatiel
I've got to agree with everyone else.
This breeder is willing to sell you a sick and unweaned baby. Do not buy from them.

I'm assuming this is your first baby cockatiel and you would have no experience in hand feeding them. It is a difficult process. If the breeder is willing to sell you an unweaned baby without any warning or checks, they are not a good breeder.

The picture you sent the babies are in such a terrible place too. It is so incredibly dirty and by the looks of it, they keep them in that container all the time.

Let me know if you live in Canada, I can suggest a good pet shop that works with rescues and breeders.

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Nothing but red flags here. Plenty of people who sell across a nation are not actually doing things proper.

RUN from this breeder, DO. NOT. WALK.

Most Reactions