Here he is!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
hi everyone! i did buckets and buckets of research and thought long ancd hard, and finally i have made a decision! im getting a patigonian conure, my parents are on board too. i called a breeder and am buying a 7 month old male patigonian. he is very gentle, cuddly, loves to be on his back, and is very ready to bond, and he talks and steps up! we called the breeder and all we have to do is mail her the money and he's ours! heres a pic of him at the breeders

http://www.birdbreeders.com/images/availabilityimages/Patagonian_Conure_51747_627.JPG

just copy and paste it in the search bar :)!

update: i never met the bird prior to buying him, so the information above is what the breeder told me. After he was shipped to me it was clear we were mislead. He was at least 2 years old but could be anywhere from 2-25, and had many behavior problems. He lunged and bit whenever he was asked to step up, and would run up and attack your leg when you sat with him. We now think we were sold a breeder bird she was trying to get rid of. We did our very best to work with him and solve his problems but it became clear he needed someone with more experience training aggressive birds. I loved him very much but he is now with a trusted parrot owner we know. It was my fault for buying from a breeder i did not know, and i wont make that mistake again. I named him Oscar and i will allways love him, and i saved a few of his feathers. Im sorry It had to turn out this way oscar and i wish you the best in your new home.

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
beautiful bird. congrats. Alison and sweetie pie:D

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Beautiful, I love Patagonian conures. I was originally going to get one as my first bird but the only ones around me were breeding pairs, which is what I got(Sully and Bella). One of those is going to be my next conure.
I hope you two have a long wonderful fun-filled life together.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Congrats Ann!!!! He's a handsome boy!!!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Beautiful bird !! Congratulations :)
I don't know too much about Conures , is he as big as the African Grey ? Or maybe it's just the picture , because he looks huge , lolol.
I always thought they were a bit smaller...
Anyways , I bet your crazy excited :). Can't wait to see pictures of him when he's home with you ! What are you going to name him ?

FutureDVM

Jan 20, 2012
Colorado
Parrots
Crimson Bellied Conure (Penny), Maximillian Pionus (Piper), Lovebird (Poco)
I don't know too much about Conures , is he as big as the African Grey ? Or maybe it's just the picture , because he looks huge , lolol.
Anyways , I bet your crazy excited :). Can't wait to see pictures of him when he's home with you ! What are you going to name him ?

Patagonians are the largest of all the conures. They are probably about twice the size of a sun conure, and definitely WAY bigger than the tiny little green cheeks.

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
yep hes pretty big! im not sure what to name him, im gona need your help ;)! thank you so much, im very excited! my little cousins taking a particular interest in birds too, maybe my conure can encourage this :)

JensFlock

Jul 31, 2011
South Carolina
Parrots
Eclectus,
Blue Crowned Conure,
Quaker,
Lineolated Parakeet,
Diamond Dove,
Star Finch,
Spice Finch
He's beautiful. Congratulations!!!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
thank you! does anyone have any ideas for names :)

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Patagonians are the largest of all the conures. They are probably about twice the size of a sun conure, and definitely WAY bigger than the tiny little green cheeks.

Of course, the green cheeks think the opposite, lol.

Congrats on the new member of your flock!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
Thank you! Lol your right about the GCC's :D

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Congrats! That is so exciting! He is Adorable!!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
Thank you! I was thinking of naming him Apollo or alamo, any thoughts?

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Love the names!! Especially Appolo! However Alamo is really cute too. Have fun figuring it out!

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
thank you! i half wish he came with a name, its so hard lol if it was a girl i could just name her patty!

Most Reactions