Here is my first Grandchild Kevin-Ray

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Oh, I'm so glad you posted the second photo, Mike - I couldn't see the first one. What a little darling your Kevin-Ray is! He looks pink and healthy and ready for cuddles with his grandpa. I know it's hard to wait, but Kevin-Ray will be home very soon and those cuddles can begin. Congratulations on the new member in your family! Kisses from Aunty Trisha XX :)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations on the new arrival!

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
The father got christened today when the nurse asked if he wanted to change the babies diaper. I sat back and watched because I have been through this before "giggle, giggle". Well as soon as he lifted Kevin-Ray up by his legs to remove the soiled diaper, guess what happened, Yep, Kevin wasn't quite finished yet and had what I call for lack of a better word Explosive diarrhea, which shot off like a cannon, all over the bed, the Father and the foot of the crib. If that wasn't bad enough, when the Father turned his back to get another clean diaper, guess what happened, yep, you guessed it, Kevin decided to pee pee and The father forgot to do what all new parents forget to do with little boy babies, lay something across that area while changing them. That also erupted into the air and almost hit the ceiling. I was laughing so hard my side hurt as I was ducking for cover.

I told my son in law, "It's all relative, you'll live and learn". He asked if I knew that was going to happen and I said no, but I had suspected it because it had happened to me before. So after all the commotion, I went back to reading "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree" to my grand baby in which put him off to sleep.

Last edited:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Good thing my mouth was empty or my monitor would have been full of "something". BAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!

I admit, I was "sprayed" on by both my boys...but never #2. :eek: :eek:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
He looks great! Bet you can't wait to have him home. Better for him to have the one thanksgiving in hospital, then to have to have many because he came home too soon! Plenty more thanksgivings to be had :)

How unfortunate for your SonIL. Bet you were glad to sit back and not have to get involved with clean up! ;) :21:

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Here is a piece of good news. The doctor told my daughter and son in law yesterday that Kevin Ray is eating much better and his lungs seem to be maturing nicely and if the progress keeps up, they will send him home next week.:) I have my fingers and toes crossed for this one.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YAY!!! Some MUCH needed good news, Mike!!!

I bet EVERYONE can't wait until Kevin-Ray is finally home. :)

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Re: Here is my first Grandchild Kevin-Ray UPDATE

We are sooooooo excited. Today starts the week that Kevin-Ray will be coming home hopefully. Kevin pulled out his feeding tube out of his nose last night, so the doctor decided to leave it out since he is eating so much better from the bottle now.

Last week, they were going to try and put the feeding tube in the other nostril, but couldn't get it in because of a blockage, but once the blockage was removed, he started eating like crazy. I tried to tell the doctor and nurses that there maybe a problem with his nose if he seems to be having a problem breathing while he's trying to suck on a bottle. I told them about this TWO WEEKS AGO. I'm no doctor, but I'm smart enough and been around the block enough to know when something ain't working, look for the easiest solution first. I had to leave the room when they found the obstruction because I wanted to choke the crap out of some body. We are hoping this week is the week.

Last edited:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
We are sooooooo excited. Today starts the week that Kevin-Ray will be coming home hopefully. Kevin pulled out his feeding tube out of his nose last night, so the doctor decided to leave it out since he is eating so much better from the bottle now.

Last week, they were going to try and put the feeding tube in the other nostril, but couldn't get it in because of a blockage, but once the blockage was removed, he started eating like crazy. I tried to tell the doctor and nurses that there maybe a problem with his nose if he seems to be having a problem breathing while he's trying to suck on a bottle. I told them about this TWO WEEKS AGO. I'm no doctor, but I'm smart enough and been around the block enough to know when something ain't working, look for the easiest solution first. I had to leave the room when they found the obstruction because I wanted to choke the crap out of some body. We are hoping this week is the week.

Sometimes doctors spend so much time looking for the obscure answer when it's just staring them in the face. I hope he comes home for you soon! Sounds like he's bulking up and getting himself ready for release! :)

Keep us updated! Nice to hear how he's getting on.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What a GREAT update, Mike!!! :)

Whatever happened to using common sense? ;) I don't like eating either when my nostrils are all clogged up.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
What a GREAT update, Mike!!! :)

Whatever happened to using common sense? ;) I don't like eating either when my nostrils are all clogged up.

I know, that was my point with the doctors, that he already had one nostril being partially blocked by the feeding tube. So if he's not breathing very well maybe just maybe the other nostril is blocked up.

The reason why I suspected this is because I came home from the hospital a couple of weeks ago and took a small straw and put it up my left nostril and then took some tape and closed off the rest of the nostril and blocked off the other nostril completely and then tried to suck some water from a glass with a small straw. I had to stop quite often just to catch my breath. When I explained this to the doctors, they looked at me as if I was crazy. But whose the crazy one now?

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
We are heading over to the hospital this morning, today is supposed to be the day Kevin-Ray gets released from the hospital and comes home as long as everything is taken care of today. I got's my fingers and toes crossed.

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
GOOD NEWS, Winnie the Pooh is out of the Honey Tree and Kevin-Ray is finally home. They released him last night around 6:00pm. He is on one of those heart and resp monitors for a few months. I told the kids don't sweat the monitor, my daughter was on one for about 6 months when she was first born and I think I had a lot of premature grey hair from that experience. So don't get too excited when the bells and whistles go off, it will more than likely be a loose lead or a deep breath that is often the cause.

He's home and doing great.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
GREAT GREAT news, Mike!!!!! :D

Everyone must be so VERY relieved and happy!!!

Welcome home, Kevin-Ray!!! :)

OP
mtdoramike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Yeah, I know I feel absolutely giddy, kind of like a school girl getting ready for prom night.

Most Reactions

Latest posts