Hey From Orlando

pmclamb

Mar 6, 2011
Hey all.

Name is Patrick, I'm 26 and live in a suburb on the west side of Orlando. I've been researching "domestic" birds for a couple years, came very close to getting a macaw a few years ago. I decided at that time that I wasn't ready for a bird, especially one that large, so I put it on hold.

Well, now I feel like I'm ready and am bringing home a Normal Green Cheek Conure in 19 days. I'm getting him/her from a breeder in St. Augustine, FL and am super excited. She's been so helpful in picking out the right bird and has offered her knowledge for the life of the bird. So just wanted to say hi, I'm more of a reader than a poster, but I'll be sure to ask any questions if they come up.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Good luck! Green Cheeks are great starter birds!!!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Please read the posting in the general forum called So you think you want to get a bird........................ it contains lots of information about parrot care that is usually not talked about. This will help to prepare you.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good luck your life is about to change forever, all good changes by the way
Get as much sleep as you possible can......... NOW..... you going to need it because, when getting the bird, you will be too excited to sleep

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Hi PMclamb, I'm also located in centrol Florida in Mt. Dora, which is about 25 miles from you. You really should have checked out tropicalparrotise.com - Home She has some really nice bird selections and the great thing about her place is, she is located in Clermont, which is only about 25-30 miles west of you. She would probably even have let you come over and help hand feed your baby.

But it sounds like you have found another great Florida breeder as well. Good luck on your new feathered family member.

OP
P

pmclamb

Mar 6, 2011
Hey thanks for the greetings. I live in Ocoee, MtDoraMike, so yes I'm very close to you. Too bad I didn't see that breeder, but oh well, I think I've found a good one. I'll be sure to get as much sleep as I can in the next few weeks, seems as though she/he will be a wonderful alarm clock.

Most Reactions

Latest posts