Hey

Kat424

Jun 16, 2015
Hey everyone, My name is Kat I am a stay at home mom of a 9yr old. My husband an I currently have a Nanday Conure( Remmy) He is a 5yr old joy. We also have 4 finches, 3 dogs and 3 snakes.

I am joining this forum in hopes to find someone local to me that has large birds and would be willing to allow me the joy of getting some hands on experience in trade for cage cleanings and other bird related chores.

We are hoping to add a large bird to our house sometime in the future. My husband is partial to Macaws and Cockatoos and seeing as I will be the one primarily responsible for taking care of it I want to know everything I can know before we find our baby. I am hopeful to adopt one in need of a home when we feel we are ready and confident in doing so.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hi Kat and welcome!
I'd love to see pics of your feathered, furry and scaly family:)
What part of the world are you from? I think it's a great idea to get hands on experience before adopting a larger bird. I hope you can find someone close:)

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Welcome to this forum! Where are you located? If you want experience you can always volunteer at a parrot rescue. I got my bird experience working at a bird sanctuary when I was younger. I'm sure someone will chime in and give you some direction. Please keep reading the forums for advice..we are all here to help. And post a pix of remmy!

OP
K

Kat424

Jun 16, 2015
Thanks Terry, I am in southern Vermont USA I would love to volunteer at a rescue but I don't have any located with in a resonable distance to me. Seems the closest are 4-5hrs away. I wish I had something local!
Here is Remmy :)

http://www.parrotforums.com/members/kat424-albums-remmy-picture14783-dscf1450.jpg

kat424-albums-remmy-picture14783-dscf1450.jpg

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Remmy is beautiful!
Lots of members here from the east coast who may have some suggestions for you:)

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Beautiful! Well maybe a shelter has birds or go to a bird show. I'm sure someone on here is from your neck of the woods.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hi Kat! Welcome to the forum! You have a diverse and beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your story and photos.

Remmy is a very handsome bird. Best of luck in your search for a new family member.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Welcome! I loved the pics you shared! Thank you! Good luck with your attempts to get hands on experience:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts