Hffn rescues 12 blue and gold macaws from deplorable condtions!

AirtransCrash

Apr 28, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Parrots
Tess - 4YO female Blue and Gold
Chico - 13YO male Blue and Gold rescue
In my mind I think that this is not only a year of neglect. These birds and cages have been here for years so we don't know what to believe.

Exactly, after it's discovered, welcome to the land of a million excuses, and the story continually changes over time...

Frankly, you really don't give a _____ at that point... you just want to get them out of there, and do what you can to save the ones you can. And you hope it's not too late...

I did a backyard breeding operation like this a few years back with 75 PAIRS of macaws... The house was lost to foreclosure and the owner just walked away leaving the birds in their cages with no food or water...

We saved 12 of them.

The rest died.

Nothing happened to the people who did it.

All you can say to that is some or the people in this world who suck...

Forcing the rest of us to deal with the mess they left behind.

Sadly, this is not a unique situation at all.
it's situations like that where the military man in me prevents the bird lover from doing something to wind up behind bars.
It amazes me how cruel people can be. :mad:

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, from my point of view, NOTHING justifies what this guy did to those birds...

BUT... apparently he lost everything. His home, his business... pretty much reduced to living in his car at that point. Couldn't sell the birds. Couldn't provide for them. Couldn't take them with him. Had nowhere to go himself...

Probably overwhelmed, and angry... Not thinking rationally at that point.

I get it!

STILL - YOU @#$&ING CALL SOMEONE!!! YOU MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS!!! THESE ARE LIVING THINGS, AND THEY ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY... YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

EVEN SOMETHING AS IRRESPONSIBLE AS OPENING THE CAGE DOORS AND LETTING THEM FEND FOR THEMSELVES WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN WHAT HE CHOSE TO DO...

So, on some levels, I get it, but on other levels I will never understand...

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
UPDATE : ** Pictures posted to there site. Link below
Mission Complete!
Do you remember the Hawaiian Feathered Friends Network 12? The B&Gs in need from a hoarding situation? So many of our FlockCall Family stepped up and in to help. Here are the final results! They are together! They are in sanctuary in Washington and they are safe.
So many joined together across oceans and land to make a difference for these companions. Well done to ALL involved!! Together we CAN give every parrot everywhere, a happy home!

Updated 15 hours ago

Entire flock of Blue and Gold Macaws rescued and rehomed in Bob Dawson's Macaw Sanctuary in Washington. Now they can be parrots!

Last edited:

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Seeing this for the first time. This has made me rejoice and I am thankful for the efforts of all of you.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Oooh that makes me so happy!!! I didn't have much but I donated what I could at the time. Lots of love and feathered hugs to everyone out there helping animals. I always wish I could do more.

Most Reactions