Hi all.... new bird....

buttercreamt

Jan 12, 2018
Hi everybody

Proud new owner of bebop 2 here. Absolutely over the moon by my Christmas present. Just had the first person view kit arrived and overwhelmed.

I have one issue which would like to ask any members if they would care to have a look at. Whilst flying in sport mode waiting for my boy to come from school in the park I was flying around and the thing lost connection and slammed into a steel wall (fence) at full speed. Until now I’ve just been using the mobile phone to control the drone and it’s never skipped a beat but this time I was using the skycontroller 2 which has a bit of latency..... but I assumed it would be a better connection. Any thoughts? It’s kind of kept me awake at night worrying that if there were a child walking past that moment what would’ve happened. I won’t be doing any more full park flights and have slowed my bebop right down now until I feel a bit more confident. My settings as far as I can tell are correct, my mobile phone Wi-Fi is off I’m always pointing at the drone.

A couple of moments !!! using the skycontroller yesterday which makes my first day using it ....losing control and I’m kind of a bit scared of it now!

Anyway apart from that really enjoying this beautiful piece of kit and looking forward to chatting with all of you.

Malcolm Galletly

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
didn't realize you could use a phone to fly a bird!?

Would certainly make free flying birds and going on outings with them easier, though no idea where the app for that is on my phone

OP
B

buttercreamt

Jan 12, 2018
Hmm... indeed. The sparrow is a nice one if you can find the right app. It struggles in its tiny little mind but eventually gives in. Seagulls are great but you have to be right distance from them..

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
I think you've got a bit confused. This place isn't for drones. It's for parrots, you know, pet birds... hence all the pictures of birds...

PrimorandMoxi

May 29, 2015
New Jersey
Parrots
Max (23yo) Blue and Gold Macaw,
&
PRIMOR (8yo) Red Lored Amazon,
&
ABBA (33yo) Red Lored Amazon - RIP
No!
Just Noooooo!

NO.
I can't, with you.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Yep, wrong kind of "parrot" forum.
the parrots here eat and poop and scream and bite.

I do wish I could fly my parrots by using my phone. It would be a real hoot!.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
The way I read that, his first post was accidental, the second just going along with it...Pretty sure the parrot drones don't come in seagull and sparrow types!

reeb

Oct 23, 2017
Media
Albums
Cape Town, South Africa
Parrots
Berry (♀ Cockatiel) hatched June 2017
Opal (♂ Budgie) hatched 13 August 2017
Pearl (♀ Budgie) hatched 15 August 2017
+ an aviary of 16 other budgies! all hatched 2014-2017
Had no idea there was a brand of drones called "Parrot" until now... but for real how did you not see the front page, banner image, the topics selection, etc?:18: Well, you certainly made us all giggle I'm sure. :D

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
FYI, this is the "Bebop 2" referenced by the OP:

parrot-bebop-2-fpv-0003-800x533-c.jpg

No feathers, talons, or even a beak!

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
And people have posted about these drones more than once! Are they common enough for people to think that a ‘Parrot Forum’ with macaws on the banner is really pertaining to parrot drones?

Most Reactions