Hi All

sica1029

Nov 15, 2015
Massachusetts
Parrots
Half-moon Conure
Hello, My name is Jessica and I have a 10 month old half moon conure, Kiwi. I've been a lurker here since I brought my baby home and have decided it's about time I introduce myself! I love this forum and it has been a valuable resource with Kiwi, seeing as year ago I had zero parrot experience. Maybe less than zero if I'm being honest! So, thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_6076.jpg
    IMG_6076.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 155

SirEdwin89

Mar 5, 2016
Virginia
Parrots
Confetti (9y/o CAG), Ely (5 y/o Citron SC2), Barney (3 y/o MSC2), Baby (21 y/o Senegal), Peaches (16 y/o M2)
Conan (26 y/o Harlequin Macaw)
I certainly wasn't around years ago, but welcome to the forums! Glad to have you and Kiwi with us!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. And now you know more then nothing!
love the pic of your little guy. So why Kiwi? It's such a popular name, I wonder why folks pic it.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, Jessica!! Thanks for making the transition from lurker to member. Wonderful picture of Kiwi!!!

OP
S

sica1029

Nov 15, 2015
Massachusetts
Parrots
Half-moon Conure
Welcome and be welcomed. And now you know more then nothing!
love the pic of your little guy. So why Kiwi? It's such a popular name, I wonder why folks pic it.

LOL, you are right! As for the name... my kid's named him - and they won't be given the task to do so for next bird! It was Kiwi or Mr. Pickles. I chose the shorter of the two. I wanted to name her Clementine, Ivy or Fern.

OP
S

sica1029

Nov 15, 2015
Massachusetts
Parrots
Half-moon Conure
Welcome, love your Kiwi! Such timing, I just saw two babies being fed an hour ago! Had never seen one before!

Thank you! When I did my extensive parrot research before getting her I wanted a parrotlet or a lovebird. I thought all conures were super loud, and I didn't want that. When I got to the store I saw her and I didn't care, I didn't know any thing about half moons, but I needed to have her. I don't know why they aren't more popular, she's an absolute doll!

Most Reactions

Latest posts