Hi! Crazy bird lady in training.

kayleesays

Sep 15, 2014
Alaska
Parrots
3 female cockatiels, one male and one female green cheek
Hey all!

My name is Kaylee. I have three female cockatiels (two from a very small, weird reptile shop in California, one an owner surrender to a pet store) and two green cheeks, one male and one female, whom we adopted from animal control not long ago. I also have a two-year-old pit bull named Rhaegar from animal control.

My husband and I are currently searching for a Grey, but rescues are slim here in Alaska :) I'm stationed up here for the next 3+ years.

Nice to meet everyone! :green2::yellow1:

2liam0z.jpg

Lady Sylvanas

2ugc75t.jpg

Buppa & Lou

73l7d3.jpg

Luna

fd19355b-9c88-447a-91dd-1a7035b7a93f.jpg

Yoshi

Last edited:

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Welcome to the forums! Your'e birds are gorgeous, you can really see the bond you have with them!

Are there any breeders there that could help with the search for a Grey?

OP
K

kayleesays

Sep 15, 2014
Alaska
Parrots
3 female cockatiels, one male and one female green cheek
Welcome to the forums! Your'e birds are gorgeous, you can really see the bond you have with them!

Are there any breeders there that could help with the search for a Grey?

Hi! Unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding breeders in the area at all. Most are in the continental US and it's kind of tough arranging a purchase overseas :(

Also, I almost forgot Rhaegar... he wouldn't be too pleased. Haha.

acce88d8-e63c-4c15-af5f-09aa93e801f1.jpg

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
Rhaegar is just a cute "little" ball of adorableness! I have a feeling the name is from Game of Thrones? It's just a guess but seems like it came from there lol.

What about bird clubs? That's a really good choice for help.
I know it's not the best idea, but have you tried posting an add on Craigslist? Make sure you aren't saying you want to buy an African Grey but rather "Looking for a breeder of this particular species..."and have just a bit of background information of your experience with birds. And because it's Craigslist, a safe thing to do is to make another email account and sign up with that so no one get's your personal information.
I did that and was contacted and forward to a few people until I was able to talk to a Pionus breeder who I yet have to call back...

I feel your pain about shipping! What a nightmare of a process.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Welcome to the forum! Yeah, living in the USA, but being off the continent can get frustrating, we are in Hawaii for the next three years (or so) so I feel you with the whole mainland connection issue.

Most Reactions

Latest posts