snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
HI I am new here. I have had birds in my life ever since I was born. My parents loved birds. My aunt is a crazy bird lady. I am getting back into bird keeping after loosing my Senegal 5 years ago. I lost her to Heavy Metal Poisoning she was only 15 years old.

We now have 2 Budgies I adopted from a man that no longer wanted them. Now I am looking for my next pet bird. I am still not sure what to get.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome to the forum :). I'm sorry to hear about your Senegal. Do you have an idea what kind of bird you're interested in adding to the flock?

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Welcome to the forum. So sorry you lost your Senegal in this way that was hard...so glad to hear that you now have two budgies and are thinking of adding a third to the flock. What are the Budgies names? Do you have any pics of them. Budgies are lovely little happy go lucky fun guys. I dont have a Budgie in my flock (yet) but I do babysit two from time to time a yellow lutino girl called Custi and a green boy called Gelato. Hope you enjoy the forum.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome! Very sorry you lost your beloved Senegal.

You'll find many members eager to share their experiences with most popular species. Hope this will help when the time comes to adopt your next feathered friend.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Welcome to the forums! Deepest condolences for the loss of your Senegal.

Thank you for providing a home for two budgies. Enjoy the search for your next feathered companion.

OP
snowflake311

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
Thanks guys. Our Budgies are Olaf and Sweet pea. male and female.

here are our little birds.

I don't mind bird sounds and screams but my husband does so our next bird has to be on the quite side I know no bird is quite but you know what I mean. I don't have room for a huge cage so a smaller bird lovebird or green cheek size.

I am leaning towards getting a Cockatiel from a breeder. I had an amazing Cockatiel years ago best bird ever. I gave her to my mom so I could save Kiwi my Senegal from being given away. My daughter wants a Green Cheek. I have known a few they are great birds but I just loved my Cockatiel so much I want another. I am so torn.

My dream bird has been the griffin cockatoo for years. They are so cute and everything I have read makes them sound like great little buddies to have around. Maybe when I am retired and have lots of time.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They're very cute! You do mean Goffin Cockatoo?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! Your Budgies are adorable!
I am so sorry for the loss of your Senegal:(
I think a cockatiel would be a great choice, and who knows, you may and up adding a GCC later on:)

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your Senegal, and even 15 years is still respectable. Congrats on taking on the budgies and glad they found a nice home. They're cuties. A tiel would be a great choice. They're great birds. Right up your alley. As they are part of the cockatoo family you could eventually get a goffin or galah. ;)

Most Reactions