ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
For someone who choose quite a bombastic name for themselves you seem to be doing allright.

Glad to see it was not only a short self-serving commercial to rake up some more followers, but you are actually trying to help people here as well.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yep well if I know one thing about parrots, it’s that I’ll never know everything about parrots:)

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Yep well if I know one thing about parrots, it’s that I’ll never know everything about parrots:)
I learned that one many years ago myself. The real question is who training who?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh that’s an easy one - my little ones have been training me to obey for years:)

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Hi, also must add, a bravo to you! When I first read your post, I was afraid that this was just an advertising forum for you! I am so glad to see that I was wrong! I am looking forward to all of us growing together!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Enjoying your Thread and Posts.

I must admit that near everything I know about Amazons was taught to me by Amazons. Everything else, they confirmed. :D

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Hi, also must add, a bravo to you! When I first read your post, I was afraid that this was just an advertising forum for you! I am so glad to see that I was wrong! I am looking forward to all of us growing together!
I want to educate as many as I can and also grow along the way as well. I just see so many small animals not just birds unfortunately get neglected and due to lack of knowledge and impulse buying. Wasn't going to bother to do videos but went to educate and comment on a bigger YouTuber video and a good detail comment, not to negative, or harsh in any way of what they were doing was dangerous as they put multiple macaw and one was a recent rescue that use to be center of attention and not well socialized in small room with two other macaws, no supervision. She blocked, deleted comments and belittle us and weeks later she get a baby hyacinth macaw for what reason, I don't know? She just took on another recent rescue? Pretty much she did the same thing we told her not to do and reasons and that baby ended up paying the price a few days ago and the other rescue macaw she just took in recently almost killed that baby, lucky survived but big hole in beak now. She had the nerve to deleted and blocked every critical comments to cover up that people told her so and blames the rescue macaw and re-homes it. This drove me to the edge and now I am going educate people myself. I am so fed up and tried of people like this, she done other stuff that questionable and downright dangerous. I am sorry but I like to stand up for animal abuse? it’s sick to see she has people supporting her ignorance and endangerment well due to her fame. delusional. I not going to give you names as just not about her as others big time YouTuber do it as well and I think it fair that those that watch her video know who I am referring to anyways? Well she was my inspiration to start the channel and join forums and groups and maybe one day be able to reach as many people as I can in time.

Now started the YouTube channel for that very reason, just see so many bigger PetTubers nowadays put out so much misinformation and videos are mostly click bait drama, or "Feeding My 50 Animals" Then you have the ones that only do product reviews just because they are sponsored to them with no real knowledge of the product they are using? Good example is "petra the african grey" she using a Compact Air Purifier made by Levoit looks like the LV-H132 model and she has multiple birds in that large room. That thing is not that great as a small air purifier, even the big one and not designed for that that size room. I don't blame her for her thinking as another bigger PetTuber that suppose to be good put out Levoit makes good purifiers and due to he was sponsored it, so now everyone has one. People in general are unfortunately sheepish buy into to this as no other video to dispute it and a big YouTuber has good video production with huge following, so they buy the junk product and wonder why it not doing the job, or worst endangers the animal without realizing it?

This is the type of thinking I want to change in time and do a more real world testing instead of just review with actual test equipment. Also educate new bird keepers the proper way and what needed to start of and behaviors and ETC, as trained and dealt with 100's of different birds and various species of birds, including bird of prey species.

My goal is to change that trend over time, I don't expect it to be quick. I have to improve on my videos and editing skills mainly as not a video professional by any means. I figure it out in time, or ask for help along the way and then figure it out. Been pet keeping since I was young. Mainly Dogs, cats, various reptiles, fishes and Birds throughout the years, as my family was always big on animals and and yes made mistakes along the way. Also work at several rescues and foster other animals and trained parrots and dog professionally over the years, since I was a kid and barely any resources at the time when I started, I had to learn on my own and mistakes I made myself in time. My goal is to not just teach people and help other that are starting off, but also to teach people the technical stuff as a Engineer and know which air purifier are better and which are a waste, which heaters are actually safe, different toxic gases, other pet products and enclosure, venting and details a lot of people don't get into and even think about, or understand and maybe break it down so they can understand why it better and which one better bang for the buck without sacrificing to much for the cost.

I just hoping in time will rise the bar in the Pet side of YouTube and do way more detail care and review videos by putting my technical expertise along with my experience with pets and maybe even some of your guys that might be more knowledgeable on a topic then even I am and get people to do better research before taking on a animal and not just take some guy, or girl that became big due to shear amount of animals he, or she has, or click baiting, or have little, or no experience with the animal they took on as only dealt with that animal for 2 weeks relying on quick info from Google, or bad product reviews due to that person received the product 2 week ago and claims it good with no technical experience, or detail testing.

Last edited:

fuad

Dec 31, 2018
Welcome! Love your attitude towards all animals!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Amen on the terrible vote-whoreing-youtubers who only use the animals to get internetpoints and more sponsoring -> the birds (and other animals) are the ones paying the price.

I really think there must be a way to make them accountable for the suffering they inflict- and not have full master/censorship over what they put out there (apart from a single downvote-option)

I must admit when your first post here was "a link to my youtubechannel" I more or less decided "OMG NOT another one, ignore ït and hope it will go away"

OP
ParrotGenie

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
Amen on the terrible vote-whoreing-youtubers who only use the animals to get internetpoints and more sponsoring -> the birds (and other animals) are the ones paying the price.

I really think there must be a way to make them accountable for the suffering they inflict- and not have full master/censorship over what they put out there (apart from a single downvote-option)

I must admit when your first post here was "a link to my youtubechannel" I more or less decided "OMG NOT another one, ignore ït and hope it will go away"

Exactly Couldn't have been said better. The main problem is the more successful PetTubers have realized that the more pets they have, the more views they get. Reason why you see "FEED MY 50 ANIMALS VIDEOS", what educational about that? Obviously that can be problematic and brings up the question, how many pets is too many? You'd think that 50 pets is too much but when you're getting hundreds of thousands of views on each video, you're getting the money to be able to live comfortably and provide for these animals. However, even if you can provide for the animals, you may still be giving them the minimum of needed attention and cleanup regularly and ETC. Then you have the issue of them getting sponsored and most have zero knowledge, or technical background of the product they are reviewing before hand and now people are buying this stuff that may not be suitable for purpose, or dangerous? Most PetTubers buy way too many pets just so they can make more money at the end of the day. Then you have some of the bigger YouTubers like TND and others that buy rare animals like as they designer objects pretty much and have no expertise on that particular animal beforehand. Then they claimed to get a rescue and don't support the pet trade, but then turn around and buy pets at Expos and pet stores? It about the camera for them and ranking in as much as they can get. The animals at the end of the day end up suffering in the long run, especially when these people income come from mostly YouTube and donations and when that dry up what going to happen to the animals in their care?

Last edited:

IndySE

May 5, 2016
Southern California
Parrots
Kermit, ♀ GCC (Green Demon)
Welcome to the forumns. I was checking out some of your videos yesterday with a green cheek conure on my arm. She seemed to think they were pretty great (lots of beak grindies and sleepy noises). You look like you know your stuff and I didn't get one point of inward cringing you get whenever you hear misinformation passed off as fact. Your cockatiels looked so happy and poofy, too ! You can tell they're very happy in their environment and I loved how large and spacious the cages were.

Most Reactions

Latest posts