Hi new here!

Mim

Nov 20, 2013
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
a
Hello everyone, new to the forums so I decided to introduce myself. All I ever owned for years were cats and dogs. A couple years ago we decided to get a parakeet and a day later we decided to get a cage mate for the little guy. Now two years later my boyfriend got me a conure for my Christmas present. I've wanted one for the longest time but because of my busy schedule I never felt comfortable getting one. We got a 6 month old cinnamon green cheek and while he is definitely an adventurous little guy/girl he is very unsure about me. I'm hoping in time he'll warm up to me.

So I hope the pictures aren't too big!
a>

Last edited:

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Hi Mim, welcome to the forum :) Feel free to ask any questions you want and I think you'll find us to be an opinionated, yet friendly bunch lol

OP
M

Mim

Nov 20, 2013
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Thank you! I forgot to mention his/her name is Diablo (very adventurous little guy/girl but also a viscous biter hah :] ). My boyfriend decided to get a Sun Conure yesterday.. I assumed they wouldn't get along and sure enough his Sun Conure goes after Diablo whenever they are in proximity. It's funny because we bought both from pet stores and while the Sun Conure is sweet and cuddly within 10 minutes, my little guy doesn't want me handling him at all. Which is fine I figured it would take lots of time! Should we keep them in different rooms? We have separate cages for them but whenever I let Diablo out all he wants to do is check out the new bird.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
I do have one immutable motto when it comes to my pets - better safe than sorry. If you don't trust them in the same room when you let one or both out, best not to.

ps/ Diablo is soooo pretty and that last pic looks like the Sun - how pretty are they lol :)

OP
M

Mim

Nov 20, 2013
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
Thank you! Yeah they have separate cages and they are not right next to each other but they can still see each other. When they are both out we are always there to supervise because your right better safe than sorry! I think my boyfriend is teaching the Sun bad habits though because he was very sweet when we brought him home and he just kinda nibbled on our fingers. Now he bites down fairly hard and almost draws blood if I don't try and do the ladder technique. *Sigh* I keep telling him not to react when he bites but he believes him saying "No" or "ouch" is getting him to stop.. until 20 seconds later. Once I'm done with this semester I should have some more time to be more hands on with them. Both are amazing birds though!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!! Beautiful babies you've got there!!! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts