Hi there!

LeslieCA1

Sep 12, 2011
SoCal
Parrots
Pancho~ Jenday Conure,
Sunny~ Teil,
RIP Kiwi~ Pacific Parrotlet
And I suppose I should formally introduce myself and my zoo on this thread :)

Hello hello! My name is Leslie, and I live with my menagerie in southern California. I am married to a military man who is never home, and we have an amazing 15 year old son. I am a stay at home mom, and I like spend my time taking care of the boy and pets, biking, working out, at the beach, reading and putzing around on the internet.

Right now my zoo includes:
Jasmine and Indy, Chesapeake Bay retrievers
Pancho, Jenday Conure
Sunny, Cockateil
Motley, Cornsnake
also this morning I found a very cute budgie fluttering in the street, so depending upon whether or not someone claims him, he might join the flock as well.

I lost Kiwi, my Pacific Parrotlet of 12 years yesterday :(

And pics of the birds...

Pancho
Picture232Small-1.jpg

Sunny
Dogs005-1.jpg

RIP Kiwi :(
Picture227Small-1.jpg

Found Budgie (sorry for bad iPhone pic with finger in the way. lol)
foundbudgie-1.jpg

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Lovely birdies, welcome! &must be hard having a military man. I've done 'long distance' before, but not with the added worry. Hope he's safe.

Thanks for picking up the budgie (and well done on not letting your retriever have it! ;))

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Welcome Leslie to the forum. You will meet many wonderful people here with lots of good advice. You will find some real friends here. My hat goes off to you being a Military wife and Mom. You certainly have your hands full and doing it all alone. God bless you! Well welcome again and don't be afraid to ask questions or make comments. And thanks for saving the little budgie he looks cute and he is lucky to have you as a new Mom. Take care! Critterman PS: I have 4 dogs and 2 African Grey parrots and thinking about adding another parrot soon.........

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I can't get over that budgie, makes me want to grab my brucie out and just cuddle him. Poor little baby - and he is only a baby too, check out the bars on his head!

GAH whoever chopped his wings is a cruel moron and I hope noone bothers trying to find him. > : (

Most Reactions

Latest posts