hIIIIIIi

Luvs Chalk

Jan 2, 2010
Beverly Hills
Parrots
hiahsin
Hi everybody when do the birds talk? My dad gave me one but it wont talk. how do you tell it to talk. I will post pics soon my I phone is in my car. Do birds get flees?

xoxoxoxoxox
Luvs Chalk

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hi Luvs Chalk and welcome on board
Congrat's on your new bird.
What type of bird did you get?
A young or an older bird?.
Have you owned a bird before?
Sorry so many questions, we need more information.
There are many posts, regarding your questions, relating to getting a bird to talk.
Go into Forum then scroll down to Congo Timneh Grey's.
Many interesting posts, info and tips etc, which I am sure will be of interest to you.
Any further questions, which you might have please just ask.
Keep us posted, how the bird is doing.
Bye for now !!!

Last edited:

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Not all birds talk. Some species are better than others at talking, some individuals are better than others. In any case it takes a good bit of time and training for them to learn to talk. Antoinette has many good threads on the topic. But as she also asked it's important to know what kind of bird and how old.

As for fleas they're virtually unheard of in pet birds. Fleas that are around civilized areas that would normally infest dogs and cats will not go after birds. There are a few avian specific species of fleas, but again these are nearly unheard of in pet birds. Nearly any treatment for fleas however will be HIGHLY dangerous or downright deadly for birds. So do not do any preventative treatment. If he is itching or scratching it is likely something else that a vet could diagnose.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Luvs not all parrots will talk. We do need more information to help answer your questions. What kind of bird, where did it come from, how old is it and what is your experience with birds. Important to remember they are not pets. Even though they are captive birds they remain undomesticated animals.

BlueToast

Oct 18, 2009
Media
South Jersey
Parrots
Severe Macaw
But that's a good thing. My response to this post would be more like

Dear Luvs Chalk'

Buy a book about about parrot care give it to your maid and have fun at the frat party.

Most Reactions