Hoilidays.....

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
So hubby and I have headed off on a weeks holiday today and we have left Bundii with my mum. I cried when I left the house and I am pretty sure hubby thinks I am crazy. I miss her already and we have only been gone 6 hours. :(

"Grandma" on the other hand thinks it is wonderful. This is her opportunity to spoil Bundii even more than we do. She will gets lots of *treats* and get to stay up passed her bedtime to spend time with grandma. It takes me weeks to break her back out of the habit. I am thankful though that my mum loves her as much as we do and it is peace of mind that she is being looked after correctly.

We did have to have a toy building lesson last night at 11pm after my mum finished work for the day. So we will see how that goes. Bundii has taken to *loving* milk cartons at the moment. So she absolutely has to have one in the cage or otherwise the cage is just not right. :rolleyes:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Aw! I hope you enjoy your holiday - bet Bundii enjoys hers! Remember, it's good for a bird to be that little bit flexible and be able to be birdysat by someone else. And it's lovely that Bundii can bond so well with grandma. Hope we get to see pics when you get back! :D

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
Thanks Trish. We are actually heading down your way. Canberra, Sydney and then back to the Gold Coast. She is very flexible when it comes to that. She loves staying with my mum, my grandma and my brother and his girlfriend. Although his girlfriend is not happy as Bundii has not taken to her. She just runs from her and she does not like it. We miss her but as I said is is good for her and my mum.

OP
Bundiibird

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Parrots
Yeaaaaa we are home from holidays. So there have been many cuddles with Bundii this afternoon since we got home at lunch time. Now it is the major task of getting her away from my mum. She wants to keep her:rolleyes:

Most Reactions