Hola!

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
Hey everyone!
My name is Jeremy; I'm from New York, and I'm getting my second bird soon (still deciding)!
I'm glad I came, see you on the forums! :orange:;)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Hey Jeremy, welcome to the forum! I am sure you can find a lot of interesting, and helpful, information here ...

OP
Jez

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
Hey Jeremy, welcome to the forum! I am sure you can find a lot of interesting, and helpful, information here ...

Yep, I already did and theres lots more info to come!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Yeah, there's been quite a few knowledgable people who have come and gone through this forum ... espicially that Auggies Dad fellow ... quite a brain if you know what I mean ...

OP
Jez

Jez

May 19, 2009
NY
Yeah, there's been quite a few knowledgable people who have come and gone through this forum ... espicially that Auggies Dad fellow ... quite a brain if you know what I mean ...

People like you and Auggies Dad really keep the forum up!
So gald I registered! :D

tweetypie

Jul 1, 2009
Hi all,
I am new to the forum and really appreciate all the info, I am particularly interested in homemade toys and homemade foods. My little girl will be arriving in Aug. She is still being handfed. She is a baby goffins. I am researching, reading, and practicing making sprouts for her arrival. I just can't wait. So, hope to be in touch every so often.

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Welcome to the forums tweety.

Be sure to look around, there are several discussion threads on home made toys some of them are a bit older so they may not be on "recent post" lists, but they are still good.

There are lots of fun foods we can make our birds as well and sprouts are great. I suggest though that you use these as a supplement to a pelleted diet not as a replacement for one. Getting a full and well balanced diet for a parrot can be challenging and there is no reason to overlook the hard work done by the professionals at the pet-food companies. Certainly there are some food manufacturers who do not do a good job but do not let them ruin the image of all of them. There are many good pelleted foods to consider.

Most Reactions

Latest posts