Horse training!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Hello :)
so if there are any horsey people.... ;)
On saturday it was time to leave my little man to be broken in... there were a few tears ;)
Today i received pictures of him and he looks so great :D the lady said he is a superstar and learns really quickly. im so proud of him already and its only been 5 days of work!

a week before he left!
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5566-klaatu.jpg

then training time!
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5563-photo-6.jpg

tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5565-photo-8.jpg

his head is a bit too far in with this one :p
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5564-photo-7.jpg

its very weird not seeing him in the paddock, but i suppose it means more time with fargo hahaha
its just going to be a very long 5/6 weeks without him!!

I just had to share considering fargo always gets the spotlight haha ! :)

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Aw he's so handsome! And looks like he's coming a long way already! Beautiful pics! :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I can never get enough of Klaatu! Now my butt's itching again to get into the saddle :)

He's truly come a LONG way in a very short time, Tab! Shows you how eager he is to learn.

He's so incredibly handsome, too. :D

horsesculpter

Jun 21, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Catalina Macaw, Sunny
Beautiful ( little???) big guy! He appears to be learning beautifully. What breed? We travel with our macaw in a forty four foot long horse trailer with a camper in the front.

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
He looks great, they sure did a nice job getting him cleaned up! It looks like he is enjoying the training, I have never had a horse that wasn't already trained, but friends of mine have gotten off the track thoroughbreds and have sent them off for training.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
thanks guys! :D

haha i suppose hes not so little ;) almost 16hh! and he is a clydesdale cross thoroughbred, threw more to the heavier side :)

i have had my previous 2 horses gone away for training, but i was only about 11, so i hardly remember :p it will definitely be interesting to see him after he is finished, will be a very different horse !

Rana

Sep 18, 2012
Dublin, Ireland (Republic)
Parrots
Scottie Pippen (Pinapple GCC) Little Bandit (Hahns Macaw)
Tab! he's a beaut!! so envious! :) I used to be very big into competition showjumping, My first horsey was a Shetland pony mix, a big dog on hooves! my competition horse was a mixed breed as well, my mom sold them both when i was 17 and developed... other interests than getting up at 5 am every Sunday morning... a decade later and i still miss them very much :( i went riding again for the first time 2 months ago after i learned one of mates' dad breeds Irish Draughts for tracking. it. was. amazing!! --> here's a pic of that. I've no more pictures of my own horses... i'm sure my parents have some at their home somewhere... forgive my horrible posture but hey, it's been a very long time!! I was just glad he didn't throw me off. ;)
179975_3612504105255_1013126859_n.jpg

Last edited:
OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
haha thanks Rana :D
hehe awwww! my first pony was a mini/shetland... and of course, her and klaatu are best friends, so i have this tiny pony, with this big horse LOL
thats awesome! that's a very pretty horse!
why dont you get a horse now? :p

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
so, saw klaatu today :D his feathers on his legs are getting longer i swear! haha he ripped his new rug.. no idea how :p
he then did some lunging in the round yard, had bags and stuff attached to him, he didnt even care about them flapping about, then did some long reining..

tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5581-screen-shot-2012-10-27-3-48-12-pm.png

then, it was time to put the saddle on, just stood there perfectly, didnt budge :)
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5580-screen-shot-2012-10-27-3-48-02-pm.png

then! it was time to hop on.. just stood there while the man hopped up and down..
he then asked him to walk on.. he did!
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5579-screen-shot-2012-10-27-3-41-47-pm.png

he walked, trotted, and cantered like he had been doing it his whole life! he did ONE tiny half buck, and that was it..
and then he went out in the big arena!! didnt put a hoof wrong!!! couldnt believe it :D his gaits are very choppy, but in time he will get smoother haha :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gufnX7gyMc&feature=youtu.be]klaatu first time riding - YouTube[/ame]

then he waited patiently while everyone talked and then i went and gave him a bath- he used to hate water! and then put his rug on, and put in the paddock and gave him a big hug..

it was amazing! :eek:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
hahaha :D i was speechless too! :p and i will be able to ride him next time we visit :)
i would of thought his first ride he would of bucked and only walk or trot.. but then when he cantered perfectly i was like he has to of done this before hahaha :p
i had bought a bag of treats for him as well, but he didnt like them! :(

Rana

Sep 18, 2012
Dublin, Ireland (Republic)
Parrots
Scottie Pippen (Pinapple GCC) Little Bandit (Hahns Macaw)
Aaaah i bet you're so excited! :D
I couldn't now, dublin city center is no place for a horse, and i'd have to drive miles to the nearest stables... Realistically i just don't have time for it.
Maybe someday when we move to the country ;)
I'm welcome to go to my mate's place to spend time with the Irish draughts though :)

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I might get a miniature pony this year, we already found a breeder. They are very cute !

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
sorry wendy i never saw your reply ! i think you met how did klaatu react, and i already replied on fb ;) haha

ohh well maybe one day Rana ;)

awww birdlover that would be great, they definitely are cute little ponies.. would you like to see Klaatus best friend? ;) she was my first pony when i was 6 haha

tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5596-mont-klaatu.jpg

tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5595-mont-k2.jpg

and yes they share food :p
tab_xo-albums-fargo-picture5598-mont-k2.jpg

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
haha LOTS of hair, shes actually body clipped on her top half in those pictures as she was rugged, but when her hair grows in winters shes like a little woolly mammoth :p

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Hahaha, gotta love them ! We fostered a miniature a week ago. She's aloud inside since she's so small. She hogs the couch and doesn't budge lol but she's a real sweetheart . Do you know people use them as animals for the blind ? That would be way better ( and cuter ) if you had a comically small white horse instead of a lab or a German Shepard . Saw one at McDonalds LOL

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Her name was Lulu . She looked A LOT like a Arbaian, same head shape ,body structure... We don't have any pics of her, ugggg I forgot to.

Most Reactions