Houdinis NO MORE

Calace

May 16, 2013
Newcastle, Australia
Parrots
GCC- Ollie 3.9.13.
Cockatiels- RIP Charlie 2012, Zac 2006.
Wow! Great work- they look fantastic (don't stick out and look unsightly, they blend in well!) so glad you'll no longer have escapees! LOL :D

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
LOL!! That's so crazy they figured out how to open their doors! 😂 glad your son figured out a solution though!

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Wendy, you are very lucky if you are successful. My GW Auggie's 1st cage had food doors like yours. After opening them many times and my trying many things to stop him he finally just broke the doors off so I had to remove them all together. I then had to buy (Ace Hardware) heavy duty SS metal strips which I bolted across the openings like prison bars, using SS lock bolts. He's now in his 2nd cage while I save money to someday buy a 3rd. As for the video of the Cockatoo I have to use a chain and padlock to keep the door closed and yes he's already managed to break one padlock.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
My A&E flight cage has those tabs... for the doors, and the grates! They bug the heck out of me!!!! I actually removed the ones for the doors, but left the ones on for the grates (I don't know why....)

I could have sent mine to you! :D

Glad your son was able to get the tabs set up for you!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wendy, you are very lucky if you are successful. My GW Auggie's 1st cage had food doors like yours. After opening them many times and my trying many things to stop him he finally just broke the doors off so I had to remove them all together. I then had to buy (Ace Hardware) heavy duty SS metal strips which I bolted across the openings like prison bars, using SS lock bolts. He's now in his 2nd cage while I save money to someday buy a 3rd. As for the video of the Cockatoo I have to use a chain and padlock to keep the door closed and yes he's already managed to break one padlock.

Uh-oooh! I truly hope this will be a permanent fix, but by the sound of it, I may be in for a very unpleasant surprise sooner or later. :eek: GULP!!!

My A&E flight cage has those tabs... for the doors, and the grates! They bug the heck out of me!!!! I actually removed the ones for the doors, but left the ones on for the grates (I don't know why....)

I could have sent mine to you! :D

Now I know who to contact if anything happens to my contraptions ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts