How do I introduce them?

SeXyPeRsIaNBuNnY

Aug 16, 2011
Parrots
Cockatiel, Green cheek Conure, Albino ringneck dove
Hello Everyone,
Looks like I need help again. i got a new bird named Pepper. He is a Nenday Conure. However I have Kiwi my green cheek conrue. If I want them to be buds how to get them to like each other? i mean when they see each other there is no prob and today i put them together and nothing happened besides them grooming each other. but i want to do it the right way so what are some steps that i can take to get them to be more closer?

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Sounds like they dont need any help. I believe they will only groom those they consider flock buddies. Wow that sounds funny. I could be wrong, others will be able to help more. Congrats on your new baby!

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
If they're already preening each other, it sounds like everything is fine. I wouldn't worry too much about it; squabbles are bound to happen, and you certainly can't force birds to like each other. I don't think that part is going to be a problem from the sounds of it though!

Congrats on your new addition!

Pedro

Dec 15, 2010
Australia
Parrots
2 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 6 GCC'S, 2 Crimson Bellie Conures, 9 Sun Conures, 2 Major Mitchells, 12 Eclectus parrots of various ages, 2 BF Amazons, 2 Hahn's Macaw's, 1 Red Tail Black Too
ERR on caution & commonsense. You didn't mention their ages. Also do you know the sex of the conures. The reason they are buddies already could be one is a hen.:)

That said it isn't unusual for different sub-species to buddy up & be friends.

Most Reactions

Latest posts