How many people have snuggle Conures?

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
Chico the Cinnamon Green Conure and Malik the Congo African Grey
Hello, I was just curious how many people had Conures that are snuggly. Like my Chico will play constantly -on my lap- then will get tired and crawl in my shirt for a while then come back and then start playing. Is this normal?

OP
bob1

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
P.S- he's snuggling right now.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
I have a total snuggle Velcro conure. Yes, they're cuddle-addicts. :)

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Aw, conures are huge snugglers in general!! Gilbert is sometimes snuggly and very often just wants to stand on my shoulder and put his face on mine.

OP
bob1

bob1

Jul 21, 2013
California
Parrots
I'm so happy Chico just let me give him a long head scratch (first time) I was afraid he wouldn't let me ever give hime one. :)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Actually, my two are not cuddlers! But I just assume it's because they were raised together (sisters) and have been together ever since, so they're more attached to each other. I don't mind though; we still play and hang out all the time. :)

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
My GCC is a cuddlebug as is one of my duskies. Skittles sleeps on my chest whenever I cover him up with something. Niko sleeps inside my hoodie at nighttime.

Peanutsmum

Jan 23, 2013
Devon, UK
Parrots
GCC Peanut Male hatched 19/10/12
Lol yeah Peanut's a real cuddle bug!! Often snuggles into my wrist when Im on the laptop and snoozes!

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
Misha is cuddler! He cuddles under my chin, I have to crane my head weird to snuggle him back. And they're both very cuddly if it's dark =)
I can't make them cuddle though, they have to start it on their terms, usually they're too busy trying to get into everything!!

ShellyTurtle

May 13, 2011
Arizona
Parrots
Yellow-Naped Amazon, and two Peach Faced Lovebirds.
Turtle loves to snuggle. Up in my hair, under covers, in my shirt, under my hand, in my hand... she is just a sweet girl.

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
Kiwi will do the same thing - she'll play like crazy , and then stop to snuggle and preen for a while, stretch out her wings, and then go back to exploring/playing/getting into mischief.

Also, if my hand touches something, she has to investigate it too. Sometimes I'll play-wrestle both my hands, and she'll nuzzle her head in there and turn upside down to wrestle too. So cute, until she gets to excited and bites too hard, then its not so cute ^.^

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Rory is a super cuddler!!!! I love it every night he cuddles on my chest while I cover him with a blanket, he also loves to cuddle with my dogs. It's so cute!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts