How much did you pay for your zon

Belgaram

Nov 9, 2013
New Jersey
Parrots
African Grey (Pooka)
Meyers (Bela)
Blue Fronted Amazon (Wanda)
I can neither confirm nor deny as it may incriminate me.....

I shall plead the 5th.

But I do love Bird Paradise. Headed there Saturday :)

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I was going to say those look like bird shop prices. I paid 600 for my sennie at a bird shop. I knew good and well it was almost double the going rate, but sometimes you fall in love.... Whatcha gonna do? :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Wish i could get those prices for my birds.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

You know what gets me the most is that many birds (at the place I mentioned) actually SELL for that amount. In fact, CAGs literally FLY out that place in no time. :11: Many Amazons do, too. And they can't keep up with the demand for big mac babies either. :11:

SarahT

Nov 13, 2013
Cornwall, UK
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon
Didn't pay a penny for my boy, the owner decided she wanted rid and that was that. He'd have gone to the first person willing so we took him in as foster and 2 years later he is still here lol!

kendrafitz

Jul 14, 2012
Central NJ
Parrots
Rosie the Green Winged Macaw

You know what gets me the most is that many birds (at the place I mentioned) actually SELL for that amount. In fact, CAGs literally FLY out that place in no time. :11: Many Amazons do, too. And they can't keep up with the demand for big mac babies either. :11:

So true!!! The only birds that seem to hang around are the smaller guys for the most part. The exception would be older macs and the hys that take a while due to the price. But I swear they have even sold at least 4 hys there in the last year. I was dying for them to get baby blue throats or ekkies in, but every time they do, they are sold before they leave the nursery!!

Megapixel

Banned
Banned
Nov 17, 2013
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Senegal, Senegal, Black Capped Conure, Green-cheek Conure, Blue Fronted Amazon
I paid $200 for my BFA 14 years ago, he was 4 months old at the time.

Motogordo

Jan 14, 2014
Media
Delanco, N.J.
Parrots
double yellowhead
chaco bluefront
yellow nape
Feb.3 , 2014

I have three Zons. I paid only $500 for the chaco bluefront, $1,000 for the double yellow head and $750 for the yellow nape. They cost more then that now, but I had a friend who always gave me good deals.

Motogordo :red1::blue::rainbow1:

brittani299

Nov 19, 2013
Seattle
Parrots
1 Green cheek conure Rudy;
1 Blue Fronted Amazon Tiki:
1 Lilac Crowned Amazon Elvis
I got my bfa for $400 with a cage on Craigslist. He was posted at $609 but I talked the owner down.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I have had a total of eight amazons - counting fosters.

I never paid a dime for any of them, unless you count vet bills...

Hot 3 amazons are, unfortunately, high on the list of "frequently dumped" parrots. (For some reason, it's usually during breeding season - Go figure!)

Most folks just don't get their seasonal personality shifts... and the bird suffers for it. Plus they usually don't get handled enough.

jbail1026

Aug 6, 2012
Media
Lexington, KY
Parrots
Family bird: Yellow-Naped Amazon (George '88)
My girl: Turquoise Peachfaced lovebird (Ollie Belle, hatched 9/1/13)
George was $1250 at a pet store in CA in 1990. He was 2 years old at the time. My dad went there to get some food for my budgie and met his new best friend (for life!) George the YNA.

Most Reactions