Zainabals

Nov 22, 2023
Media
Albums
Kuwait
Parrots
Lorikeet
Hey everyone,
So I was wondering does the beak color give any idea how old a lorikeet might be?
I mean the shop owner mentioned he was about 11 weeks old but I saw other members with lorikeets that age and their beaks look more orange.

We’ve had our lori for about 3 weeks now , more orange is peaking through the black

Attached below is a recent photo of our E.B

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpeg
    IMG_1131.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 16

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hey everyone,
So I was wondering does the beak color give any idea how old a lorikeet might be?
I mean the shop owner mentioned he was about 11 weeks old but I saw other members with lorikeets that age and their beaks look more orange.

We’ve had our lori for about 3 weeks now , more orange is peaking through the black

Attached below is a recent photo of our E.B
Cute baby you've got there! Very young judging by the colour of that beak, it will get much more vividly orange when he matures, and those dark baby eyes will lighten up too :)

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I don't know much about Lorikeets but some birds can be impossible to discern their gender.
I see that bird biting in the picture. Hope it's not hard and if it is you might want to address that while the bird is still young

OP
Zainabals

Zainabals

Nov 22, 2023
Media
Albums
Kuwait
Parrots
Lorikeet
I don't know much about Lorikeets but some birds can be impossible to discern their gender.
I see that bird biting in the picture. Hope it's not hard and if it is you might want to address that while the bird is still young
Hello,
Yes i know we can’t know the gender from their appearance I was just wondering about the age.

And no he isn’t biting hard at all. He preens my skin and when he plays he uses his beak gently to grab onto my fingers

I read that if they get nippy I shouldn’t respond. Is that all?

Most Reactions