How to help aggressiveness?

AzzyAzrael

Nov 28, 2023
Parrots
Parakeet(2) and a Quaker parrot
I have a quaker parrot and he came from 2 people before him, he was attached to the first person, then was OK with the second. When I have him out he likes tk bite me hard and he gets aggressive when I'm by my parakeets. How can I help this aggressiveness and biting?

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Quakers are often one person birds and can take time to bond with a new person; especially a Quaker like yours who has been shuffled from home to home. It’s going to take time for your Quaker to bond with you and the process can’t be rushed. It will happen when the bird is ready. My Quaker had lived with the same person all his life so when he came to me, it took about two months before he was comfortable with me touching him. Now we are very bonded 🙂. Early on, I found ways to spend time with him that didn’t involve touching. We would watch videos, listen to music, or read a book together. I also carefully hand fed him some of his favorite foods so that he learned that my hands brought good things! Pay attention to your Quaker’s body language too, and in time you will start to learn his likes and dislikes. Best of luck ❤️

Most Reactions