How's everyone dealing with the cold?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Ha! SO MUCH SNOW at one time. I am also a summer girl but was trying to be thankful (house is warm, have power etc). But yeah I don't have a place for a snowblower and I have a corner lot. It was all shoveling. Hours and hours of shoveling. [emoji33]
Remarkably my back isn't too bad.

Patti, you shoveled all this by hand on your own? FAINT!!!!! :eek:

16240d1453686028-how-s-everyone-dealing-cold-imageuploadedbytapatalk1453687091.632491.jpg

Your pups are definitely braver than mine. Mine held their 'bowels' the entire day on Saturday, even though we had made them paths in the back yard. Hubby worked feverishly late Saturday evening to make a better, wider path for them, and they FINALLY ventured out far enough Sunday morning to get much needed 'relieve'. :32:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Ha! SO MUCH SNOW at one time. I am also a summer girl but was trying to be thankful (house is warm, have power etc). But yeah I don't have a place for a snowblower and I have a corner lot. It was all shoveling. Hours and hours of shoveling. [emoji33]
Remarkably my back isn't too bad.

Patti, you shoveled all this by hand on your own? FAINT!!!!! :eek:

16240d1453686028-how-s-everyone-dealing-cold-imageuploadedbytapatalk1453687091.632491.jpg

Your pups are definitely braver than mine. Mine held their 'bowels' the entire day on Saturday, even though we had made them paths in the back yard. Hubby worked feverishly late Saturday evening to make a better, wider path for them, and they FINALLY ventured out far enough Sunday morning to get much needed 'relieve'. :32:

That section in the photo of my dog is by my neighbor's house that they did with their blower. I was working my way there and they finished that spot for me!! (Thankful!!) My other neighbor with a blower helped me with the end of my driveway where it was majorly plowed in. But yeah, the rest was hours and hours of shoveling. I actually recently got an Apple Watch and kept an eye on the heart rate monitor--it was all good. My heart said "keep going" while my back and shoulders said "please don't". haha

My dog Kisses (in the front of that photo) refused to go out DURING the storm with the blowing snow. The boys went out ok, not happy, but they did it. She went in the mudroom area on my enclosed porch. ha! I wasn't upset --she tried. Once these 'tunnels' were dug out though, they went out willingly. I guess the shelter from the wind was what they were looking for.

And today i'm going to get new tires!! Mine were needing to be replaced very soon and given our road conditions, I decided i'd do it now rather than wait a month or so. Better to be safe with good tread. :)

Most Reactions