Humane Society saves 100+ birds in horrid conditions!!

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
:( Oh my gosh this is so sad! I was crying ( ok, more like flooding my keyboard) when I saw this! Yes, I hope the poor birds that were shipped out are ok! Is/are the owner(s) facing jail time?! They better! Ok, now I'm angry! :mad: Ok, now I'm venting... Poor babies! Shame on the owner! I'm still bawling... Oh, the poor things... :(

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Not sure if they are going to face any jail time. I kind of doubt it. My husband is an attorney and I keep asking him why????? He isn't involved in anyway and I think that I drive him crazy with all my questions and complaining on this subject. I get very angry when I think about this situation and wonder if it had been dogs/cats if the outcome for the owners would have been different, I think the public outcry would have been very overwhelming. This is why I feel it is important to inform people with even a little interest about my birds what amazing, intelligient creatures they are.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Not sure if they are going to face any jail time. I kind of doubt it. My husband is an attorney and I keep asking him why????? He isn't involved in anyway and I think that I drive him crazy with all my questions and complaining on this subject. I get very angry when I think about this situation and wonder if it had been dogs/cats if the outcome for the owners would have been different, I think the public outcry would have been very overwhelming. This is why I feel it is important to inform people with even a little interest about my birds what amazing, intelligient creatures they are.
Yes,if it were say, dogs, I think the response would be much more different.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
People can twist the truth and make it bigger then it actually is. Part of the reason I don't 100% support any sanctuary or Humane society.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
People can twist the truth and make it bigger then it actually is. Part of the reason I don't 100% support any sanctuary or Humane society.

Just telling you what I saw and experienced. I also go to the vet that was called as a witness to testify as to the condition of the birds.

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
I'm not sure how the laws are over in the US, but in Australia, so long as an animal is provided with "water, food and shelter", authorities can't do anything. People are pushing to have those laws changed so that it includes enrichment as well, and better conditions.

I remember reading a while back about Oscar's Law, and the changes they're pushing for puppy farms as well.

It's so sad the condition of animals that hoarders/people who claim to be "avid breeders" keep them in; regardless of species. =(

Most Reactions