I am officially a slave to my cats

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
the other night i walked in my room, and 3 of my cats were sleeping on my bed. 2 of them are pretty skittish, but getting better, and i didn't want to disturb them. I sat and pet them for a bit, and realized that if i tried climbing in to bed, they would all run away. So that night i slept in my chair and let them have the bed. I think its clear who owns who now:rolleyes:. I also had to pretend to eat oscars pellets to get him to eat them. They taste so strange :09: but at least he ate them! What sorts of crazy things do you do for your pets?

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I have an 8 year old 200lb mastiff and he is the biggest baby ever. About 6 years ago I gave him one of my thick blankets and he has been using it as his bed ever since, he actually cries if he can't find it. Well now that he is getting older he needs more padding for his joints so if we are using a blanket on the couch and leave the room, he will pull the blanket off and lay on it. Or he will find a pile of clothes I am about to wash and he will just lay down and sleep on them, we just let him do it because we want him to be comfortable. But we just ordered an orthopedic dog bed made for mastiffs(had to order it because they don't sell dog beds big enough in stores).
I guess we just let our pets do these things because we love to spoil them.:)

OP
ann

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
lol he sounds adorable! i can picture him tugging the blanket off your lap, how could you say no to a face like that!

Most Reactions