Hy, Ty!

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
I am so excited to introduce my new boy, Ty! :blue: He came to live with me over the weekend. Sadly, his former owner passed away, and the widow was not able to keep Ty. So, I am honored to have him here with me. Ty is settling in great. He's eating well and is very friendly and interactive. Without further ado, here is a little photo shoot from today.

100_0158_zps8c7298f1.jpg

100_0163_zpsdd7a49c8.jpg

100_0164_zpsd3f3b39c.jpg

100_0162_zps693fc1b4.jpg

Thanks for looking!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
FAINT! OMG OMG OMG...TY is GORGEOUS!!!!! :D

MANY MANY congrats to you, Sonja! I know how much you wanted this to work out, and I am SO VERY happy for you that it did. :)

What a stunning...no...KNOCK-OUT Ty is! :eek:

Ok, I need to pick up my jaw off the floor now.

Thanks SO much for sharing him in the most spectacular photos. :)

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
You just got (almost) every bird owners dream bird!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!!! Ty is gorgeous, I hope you have many happy years together :)

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Ty is astonishingly beautiful, Sonja! Thanks for adopting him and HUGE congratulations to both of you :D. It's so nice to no longer be the exclusive Hy-caw caregiver here (well, there are two others but they seem fairly inactive on the forum) and get to see some wonderful photos of another blue beauty.

Please tell us more about Ty's personality when you get a chance :).

Last edited:

Sherry

Sep 26, 2012
Maine
Parrots
African grey
Sun conure
B&G Macaw
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazingly beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!! You must be so happy! We're you friends with the family who owned him?

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Congratulations to both of you!!! Ty is beautiful!! Keep us updated!!

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Oh My!!! Ty is a gorgeous beauty. A big Congrats. to you & Ty. He is one lucky fellow! Sorry to hear his person passed, hope he doesn't get depressed about it.

I love the vibrant blue on the Hys, you can post pics of Ty anytime & lots of them. I will never get tired of looking at my 'Fantasy Macaw'!

OP
sonja

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Thanks, Everyone! I am quite thrilled!

Sherry, no I didn't know the person who died. The connection was set up by an intermediary.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Lucky you and lucky bird. He is beautiful:)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sonja, how is Ty adjusting to his new home/surroundings? Is he cuddly yet? I can't peel my eyes off his pictures. WAAAHHH! :32:

OP
sonja

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Thanks, Wendy! He's doing awesome! He seems to love being touched and pet. He also likes to be on my shoulder---I probably wouldn't have taught him that, but he seems to feel that is where he belongs. So far he's been completely gentle.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh I bet you can't take your eyes off of him. ;) I know I can't, lol...and I only see his awesome pictures.

You will have SO much fun together, no doubt in my mind. Again, I am SO happy for you. :D

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D This must be SO great, for the both of you!! :D

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Wow Wow Wow!!! JerseyWendy said it best, gotta pick my jaw up from the floor! Incredibly beautiful!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Ty is gorgeous and it sounds like you came upon a great opportunity to care for him!

I hope you have many great years with Ty!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts