Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
I am located in Reno NEVADA, our blue and gold macaw recently passed we’ve had her since she was hand raised and weaned, we are looking to add to our family. We are looking for a breeder ( preferably near us, but will travel if right fit ) and we’ve had no luck so far, is there anyone on here know someone . Please reach out to me. Thanks. Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Anyone bought a bird with this company before www.forestryparrotsbreeder.com ??? I’ve researched and I can’t find any scams reported so it’s supposedly legit but I’m skeptical on it, wondered if anyone in here has a success story?
It looks very shaky to me. Their written English is pretty ordinary and they purport to be selling a black palm cockatoo for only $1300 - I don't think so!!! Plus there's this, offering to sell you an egg for you to raise yourself ...

Screenshot (52).png

... the most MASSIVE of red flags!

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Anyone bought a bird with this company before www.forestryparrotsbreeder.com ??? I’ve researched and I can’t find any scams reported so it’s supposedly legit but I’m skeptical on it, wondered if anyone in here has a success story?
I have to agree with LaManuka above. Run away. Far, far away. Unless of course you have interest in losing a bunch of your money. Waaaaay too many red flags.

OP
Reno/SparksNV

Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
That’s what I through! Another scam! But the website has been in existence since 2012.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
That’s what I through! Another scam! But the website has been in existence since 2012.
They might say 2012, but it's actually only been registered since late September. Two months, not 12 years. Nope!

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
The reddest of red flags is the part about selling fertile parrot eggs. No proper or ethical breeder would ever do this, and it confirms that the remainder of the website is scammy as well.

OP
Reno/SparksNV

Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
They might say 2012, but it's actually only been registered since late September. Two months, not 12 years. Nope!
How to I look up website and how long theyve been in existence?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
OP please dont waste your time (or money), this is a scam.
Good luck in your search.

Most Reactions

Latest posts