Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
I haven't been active on this forum for quite awhile however I'm wondering if any of the "macaw" people know of any hyacinth breeders. I have been searching for a hyacinth for quite awhile and I am hitting a lot of roadblocks to say the least. This bird business can be very frustrating to say the least. I have been talking to people who even at best are arrogant and do not like to be asked questions about their available birds. Just to name one, I inquired about some available babies and one juvenile from a breeder. Well I was prepared to fly across the country to check them out however I asked about the older ones weight ( year old bird, the baby had a mis-aligned beak) and he promptly told me he had no way of weighing it ( yet he breeds birds?) raised his voice at me telling me he's written three books, he is president of some group ( I don't remember which at this point I knew this was not the breeder for me and just tuned out). I am looking for someone that is reputable. This will be my final bird and it is costly and I would think that breeders would encourage questions from a prospective owner.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I would send 'henpecked' a PM. He knows a lot of breeders, and may have some answers for you. :)

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
Birds on Safari in Stuart Fl has a baby Hyacinth for sale right now. The owners of the store are also the breeders. If you are really interested the phone number is 772 692 0294.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Winging It Aviary in New York breeds hys~ I follow them on Instagram and am always amazed how they care for their babies

Phone: (516) 229-1702

OP
brianlinkles

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Thank you I will contact henpecked as well call both the numbers. Fingers crossed!!

CaliBirdGirl

Nov 29, 2015
There is a Hyacinth macaw baby on Craigslist. Do a search in California > San Francisco Bay Area. Bird was born in 2014.

Most Reactions