I am in love

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I stumbled across this video of a little Parrot and ive just fell in love.

[ame="https://youtu.be/QKRxkLaT_XQ"]Awesome Bird at PetSmart - YouTube[/ame]

How cool is this little guy and wow how beautiful and playful. I hope he got an amazing forever home.

What type of Parrot is this exactly? I know its a Caique i think. I love the colour.

What are they like ect? Noise level, personality, life span, looking after? If anybody knows please.

I dont think i would of left that shop without him lol, wow x

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
White bellied caique. Fun little birds. We had them at the bird shop often- had to use paper towel instead of newspaper in the bottoms of their cages or they'd turn to grey bellied caiques. :p VERY clowny, but not super soft or cuddly in my experience. FABULOUS birds for the right homes, tho. :) They looooved baths and dunking toys, food, everything in their water.

OP
Carl_Power

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
White bellied Caique. Thankyou very much. I go do research now :) x

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I met one in China who was a nushball . But I've read they dobast as an only bird, Or a pair. THey tend to attack or parrots. Read up a loton them,

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, wow, yeah, MELT MY HEART in Cleveland here... snowing and 11F degrees!

OP
Carl_Power

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I know Al. Ive done research and also read they can be aggressive to other Parrots. I saw a video of 2 play fighting together and they are hyper active, it looks they are really fighting like 2 puppies would and i know Xander wouldnt have that but i really love how playful they are and active, i do want one but have to put Xander first x

OP
Carl_Power

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Seems everything I'm reading says they are very bird aggressive even to the point of death so I just cant risk it as much as I adore them and want one :(

I could get one and keep him separate from Xander but the idea is to get another Parrot so they can enrich each others life and feel part of a little flock with the 3 of us.

I think my original idea of a Green Cheek will be best. I am 100% confident I can raise one to be as lovely as Xander is and as well behaved without worrying about violence between them and help them build a friendship or at least behave around each other x

Last edited:

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I was just browsing out of interest last night and there are several not just babies on Pets4homes site looking for new homes. I was tempted for just a couple of minutes. There is one I remember the image of Syd. So many people seem to 'not have enough time'. That's where I found Syd.

OP
Carl_Power

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I have looked on there too. So many need rehoming and it does make me think but Id like one from a good breeder this time and to go see them first. Id like one 3-4 month old so i can raise it right x

Most Reactions

Latest posts