I can SEE a scarybird!

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
My Percy was very agitated this morning and I couldn't undertsand why. He TOLD me "scarybird!" but I couldn't see anything and as usual, just pretended to shoo the "scarybird"away. But he was still pulling his feathers in super tight and keeping a beedy eye out. Eventually, I thought I'd look again. Couldn't see a bird on the roof or the tree. Hmmm.... Decided to try and follow his beedy eye and lo and behold - waaaay up high, I could barely make it outt, was a big old hawk circling! Obviously, mr Hawk was utterly unintimidated by my "shoo, scarybid, shoo!" tactics. I pulled Percy's curtain so he couldn't see outside and he immediately relaxed and started attacking toys LOL!

Don't ignore your bird if he tells you something. They seldom lie ;)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Nnnooooooo not the scarybird. :)

Bundii does this as well. She always lets me know if there is another bird outside. It has been raining for the past few days here, so we have had a family of magpies that have been keeping out of the weather by sitting under the eves of the house. There is a baby Maggie and it is making that baby sound that they make. Every time it makes it Bundii has to let me know that the baby is out there. I am sure she thinks that I must go and check it out every time it makes a noise.

Now I have checked it and it is fine. It is with its mum and dad but in Bundii's eyes I still have to keep an eye on it. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions