I feel as if I have not posted enough snake threads...

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Hahaha I post too many of these and barely any of the birds anymore!

But look this is semi bird related..

Kelly got me when I picked up a napkin he has a real vendetta against napkins. Don't ask me why but they always set him off and I always forget that he hates them. I reached over him to grab a napkin:rolleyes: It looked worse last night when he did it.

Some other snake pics from tonight.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
What is the morph called that is orange with polka dots? That is stunning. They all are but that's my fav in this group. Sorry about your bite.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
What is the morph called that is orange with polka dots? That is stunning. They all are but that's my fav in this group. Sorry about your bite.

The one I am holding in the bite picture? She is a motley sunglow cornsnake. She has amazingly bright colors even without flash in pictures. She definitely stands out no matter which one I put her next to in pictures:D

The bite took me by surprise since I wasn't even paying attention really and it's the underside which hurts more:eek: He didn't really bite that hard but the spot he got was perfect for getting some damage with little effort.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Yes, the one in the bite pic is the one I was referring to. That is such a pretty snake. About how much could one expect to pay for that morph?

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
If I remember correctly she was $125 including shipping. I got her from Don Soderberg and she was listed as AAA snake, which basically meant her colors and markings are pretty much perfect. A regular motley sunglow will probably be a little less.

Edit: Not all breeders use the AAA thing but I have noticed Don using it to indicate when he has snakes that are above the regular quality.

Last edited:

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
I think I mentioned I have a friend with Corn morphs. She has something called reverse okeetees (or something like that) and something else. I will be seeing her this week for our Christmas gift thingie and I can't wait to tell her about your snakes and how pretty I find the Motley Sunglow. Maybe I will get her one for her birthday. ;-)

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Can I come over? lol

I think I want to play with your snakes as much I do your birds!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
The motley sunglow is my favorite too, although I agree that all your snakes are stunning.
That Kelly! At least he didn't go full force!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
I think I mentioned I have a friend with Corn morphs. She has something called reverse okeetees (or something like that) and something else. I will be seeing her this week for our Christmas gift thingie and I can't wait to tell her about your snakes and how pretty I find the Motley Sunglow. Maybe I will get her one for her birthday. ;-)

Wish my friends were buying me snakes:D

Can I come over? lol

I think I want to play with your snakes as much I do your birds!

lol I do have a zoo these days! Get any testing done on your guys yet! Meet up at the shelter some day first:)

The motley sunglow is my favorite too, although I agree that all your snakes are stunning.
That Kelly! At least he didn't go full force!

Thanks!

Yeah its looking worse today getting the ugly yellow/green/black look going on.

On another note I spent all freaking day yesterday switching up snake display cages and trying to make the setups work with temps and humidity. So frustrating the cages for some reason weren't getting up to temp and the bottom is still a little low though the other two are okay now at least! But my sunglow is in the bottom and I definitely don't want her sick I'll have to check temps again when I get home and bang my head on the wall if they aren't decent. Or suck it up and spend some money on a heat panel to put in her cage....my money....lol

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Still not getting up to temp in the bottom...sigh there goes another $300 towards more snake equipment.

Some of the changes so far...Celeste - Chinese beauty

Boa

The new platinum

kimng

Dec 12, 2015
LSD - Lower Slower Delaware
Parrots
Kenzi - CAG, 2 1/2 yrs old
Oscar U2 2 1/2 yrs old
Tarzan, YN ZON 31 yrs old
Gorgeous! LOVE the motley! I best not show my daughter these pix, she'll want them! She already has a ball python and wants another snake.

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Two snakes is not much different than one:54:

Woma starting to move around the huge display cage he is in now! He was poking his head out....those markings are so interesting:D

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I so avoided looking at this thread! At 10, I kept copperheads, and as I matured (ha) I moved on to more mainline snakes. Your collection, family, is awesome!

FYI, I came within a foot of making the evening news about a month ago! I work the Disney tech area and everyone was freaked out over what I was sure was a beautiful king snake, wrong, coral! Happy ending, snake relocated, me, reputation intact!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
They are so beautiful.
The best thing about them...they aren't mine.
But when are you going to have an open house so we can come and play with them?

Most Reactions