I feel like theese macaws are being mistreated and not properly taken care of..

MelanieAnn

Mar 31, 2012
Media
Theres an add on my CL these people posted, theyre not sure of the age but they mainly seem to have used them for breeding, but their eggs rolled out of the nest.. the pics look like theyre in a damn box, here is the link WTH is the deal here!? what to do?! Poor birds used then tossed aside

Macaws need a good home

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Well they are fully feathered so they weren't neglected, and the box you are talking about is their nest box not their cage. I don't think their situation is as bad as you think it is.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They look like they're in good feathered condition. Like cdog says, I don't think their situation is as bad as you think it is.

OP
MelanieAnn

MelanieAnn

Mar 31, 2012
Media
it just looked bad. my bird had two giant cages bigger then me and playstands i thought it was basically a necessity to have large cages not boxes? then again mine is not for breeding. just thought it was sad

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Like cdog mentioned already, they're in a nest box, it's probably attached to the cage like the other birds are.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
They aren't being kept in boxes, if they were then their tails would be messed up, the nest box is attatched to their cage. The nest box is just for sleeping and breeding.

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
They may not live in a box, but I do find it sad that they were most likely just used for breeding purposes only to be tossed when a better breeding speciman came along.

Tarkus

Feb 27, 2012
Ponte Vedra Bch fl/Mantoloking NJ
Parrots
Catalina Macaw. I also have a rotation of birds I rehome
They may not live in a box, but I do find it sad that they were most likely just used for breeding purposes only to be tossed when a better breeding speciman came along.

I agree with the others they look good.
That being said you point out a sad truth of the pet bird trade.

Be Big,
Alan

Most Reactions