I fell in love today.....

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
I was visiting baby Bongo, who was really nippy and tempermental today, I put her back in her cage for a little time out and was visiting with the breeder about his other babies. I asked him how the little abandoned gcc was doing and he handed me this little 4 week old grey english budgie. I stood there while she nuzzled into the palm of my hand and went to sleep. I could not pick my jaw up off the floor she was so sweet. I just kept looking at the little thing in my hand and thinking "oh my god I love you!" The breeder had to tap my shoulder to get my attention to show me the baby gcc. Who is doing so great by the way. I said "oh wonderful" and went right back to the baby in my hand. He said "well I guess I'm holding that one for you?"

UGH

This baby should be ready to take home much sooner than Bongo, but ugggghhh. I cant help that I love her. I dont want to love her. Ok, yes I do. I want her.

How many times is this going to happen to me? She will be bird #5!!

Should I do it?

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I would, but then again I'm a sucker for sweethearted budgies :p

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
this is exactly how my flock started to grow. pesky breeders showing me their adorable birds :'(

could you handle another budgie? would you have the time and patience to work with keeping her tame, what with baby bongo around too etc?

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
this is exactly how my flock started to grow. pesky breeders showing me their adorable birds :'(

could you handle another budgie? would you have the time and patience to work with keeping her tame, what with baby bongo around too etc?
We are making our spare room into a bird room this weekend.... this budgie will stay seperated from the others so we can keep her tame. We put a lot of thought into the bird room that we are making so that each bird can have cage time, alone play time, group play time (if they get along) and family play time, and time out in the living room with us. If im putting this much time into it, may as well get another one :)

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots

We are making our spare room into a bird room this weekend.... this budgie will stay seperated from the others so we can keep her tame. We put a lot of thought into the bird room that we are making so that each bird can have cage time, alone play time, group play time (if they get along) and family play time, and time out in the living room with us. If im putting this much time into it, may as well get another one :)

Didn't take you long to decide then! Haha :)

Good luck with your new budgie then I suppose! Wish we could have a designated bird room, you're lucky :)

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
Do it! Do it! Do it!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Do it! I converted my bedroom into the bird room so now I have 4 gcc with soon to be 5 babies and hopefully 2 budgies. Mabey you shouldn't visit anymore, next your gonna fall in love with the gcc! Lol.

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Oh! I love English Budgies!!! I'm jealous! The bird store in my town has two green English Budgies and I drool over them every time I'm in there.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Oh! I love English Budgies!!! I'm jealous! The bird store in my town has two green English Budgies and I drool over them every time I'm in there.

I have a big green english budgie and an albino 'american' budgie.

Everyone loves them because Bruce looks super chunky and cute, and Lucie is pretty. A little girl once thought she was a dove because she's all white, hah. :)

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
A long time ago, someone told me that birds are like potato chips...you can't have just one! Someone here uses that as their signature, but, I heard it back when it was still a potato chip slogan.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
A long time ago, someone told me that birds are like potato chips...you can't have just one! Someone here uses that as their signature, but, I heard it back when it was still a potato chip slogan.

Yep, #9 for me ......and 5 babies GCC. :11:........Although I don't keep the babies!! :D

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)

I have a big green english budgie and an albino 'american' budgie.

Everyone loves them because Bruce looks super chunky and cute, and Lucie is pretty. A little girl once thought she was a dove because she's all white, hah. :)

I think the white ones are so neat looking! My Spooky has a lot of white and he's a handsome little guy. Kinda on the small side for a budgie, but thats makes him so much more adorable.

When I got Spooky I was originally looking at a grey English budgie. The English budgie bit me when I first held him and had an attitude to him. I ended up going with Spooky because the whole time was looking at him and his siblings Spooky kept coming up to the glass like "hi, hi, hello, you should pick me. I'm cute. Hey, hey, hey, hey. I'm super friendly!" I wasn't going to get another bird. I was going to wait for another English budgie. I was so turned off by the attitude budgie and sad that he was a miserable little bugger. One day I'll own a friendly English budgie. But anyways, I looked around at all the birds I would never want (big birds scare the crap out of me. I think its got something to do with their feet. Youd think the beak would freak me out) the owner handed me 2 of Spooky's siblings and they were scared of me. I asked to hold Spooky and he was soooooooo friendly. As soon as I held him that was it, I was going home with another budgie!

That is the story of my main (feathered) man, Spooky Burd. :) I love that little bird so much.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
I say go for it Cliffordsmom! It sounds like you have a great set up to have lots of fids!

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
I just have to convince the boyfriend.....easy peasy. Lol. I'll post pics as soon as I can take some. :) he he.

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
And thanks everyone. Your all so awesome.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Once you reach the amount I have, you'll think about stopping...lol....There's two of us so we take our own birds out to play with them cause our birds choose who they want to be with. I can handle all except the keets, finches, and one tiel. They are not tame. My partner can not handle Java or Willie, they would only come to me. Dixie and Gracie prefers my partner but they do tolerate me. The tiels flies to whomever they want to be with. They would keep you pretty busy!!!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
congrats on the new baby. at least he is lttle and wont take up a lot of room. Be glad he didn't give you a baby green wing macaw to hold.:D Alison and sweetie pie

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh you have fallen hard and very fast , haven't you ? Lololol.
Go for it , lolol.

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Well, we decided to get the baby. Boyfriend said no at first, took him to the pet store to meet him and still he said "he is the cutest baby bird in the world, but 4 is enough!!" i respected his wishes, went to work and came home and found a new cage all set up nice and pretty with toys and such. I said whats that? he said "the new baby budgies home" lololol I thought I fell in love, but he fell harder!

Most Reactions