I forgot to stop in and introduce myself =)

LolaLowlie

Apr 23, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots
Howie - Vos Eclectus, Kiku -Quaker
I accidentally bypassed this thread before I made my first post. So here goes...

I'm new here and I have a Quaker Parrot and soon I will have an Eclectus he is being weaned and should be ready sometime in May. I am really excited!

Kiku is my Quaker she is 10 years old and I hand fed her so she has been with me her whole life. She was thought to be a he until about 3 years ago she laid an egg, but by that time she already learned "Good Boy". So she goes around telling herself she's a good boy! My poor girl. She has become a bit of a terror, but I can deal with it we've already gone this far ;)

My new ekkie boy who I think my husband and I have decided on calling Tobi, is going to be a very exciting addition. Kiku grew up with me and therefore won't tolerate my husband so he is excited to have a parrot he can grow, and interact with. I'll attach pictures of both of them.

Last edited:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Welcome, and you have beautiful birdies.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum!!!! Pretty birds!!! I really miss my Quaker.....

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
welcome to the forum - you have beautiful birds

OP
LolaLowlie

LolaLowlie

Apr 23, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Mikey - They are funny little birds! Kiku looks very cuddley, I believe shes about to go for a swim in her water dish!

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
Hello and welcome, you'll love it here! Your birds are beautiful. Im looking around for an ekkie myself!

OP
LolaLowlie

LolaLowlie

Apr 23, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots
Hello and welcome, you'll love it here! Your birds are beautiful. Im looking around for an ekkie myself!

I think your right I will love it here! I'm very excited for my guy to be ready! I have been waiting a long time to have an eclectus beautiful, special birds :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Mikey - They are funny little birds! Kiku looks very cuddley, I believe shes about to go for a swim in her water dish!

Mine would of been 12 years old now if he was still around. My dog killed him when he was a pup, I rescued the pup as he was very ill, but still strong enough to go after him....Quakers are escape artists and I was only 2 feet from his cage going to put him up when he escaped, he jumped and the pup ran so fast I could get to him fast enough to save him....I raised Cracker since he was a baby, handfed him myself so that was hard for me to go through....

OP
LolaLowlie

LolaLowlie

Apr 23, 2012
West Palm Beach, FL
Parrots
Oh thats a very sad story, but now he is flying free with tons of other birds. Sounds like it was just a freak accident don't beat yourself up over it. You have a great community of birdies at your home it looks like :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts