I found an awesome avian vet in NJ!

c3honey84

Mar 9, 2011
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Eclectus-"Roxy"
I took Roxy to NorthStar vets in Allenwood, NJ to Dr. Doolan. He was awesome! He looks like a 70 year old hippie, but he was so good with Roxy. She did not even try to bite him once, and he had her right up in his face. I found him very knowledgeable. He was even able to take blood from her neck, which our last vet was not able to do. So, if anyone is looking for a vet in NJ, he's the one to go to!

On another note, I just have to convey my excitement that Roxy has lost 66 grams since I got her a year and a half ago! She is finally at the correct weight for a female SI eclectus! I was so happy to hear that all of the exercise and good food I have been giving her has worked! Yay!

friedsoup

May 5, 2012
North Carolina
Parrots
Senegal Male Bogart
Good job hold on to that vet but make sure you find someone he likes as and alturnative just in case he isn't available in and emergency.

BarkleyLoves

Jul 23, 2012
TX
Parrots
Barkley (4yo Eclectus)----
Pepper (7yo White-Capped Pionus)
I'm glad you found a good vet. :) Sometimes they're so hard to come by. Especially where I am, we're still looking. And friedsoup has a good idea as well. Find a backup, and also make sure you have the name, number of an emergency clinic that sees birds just for the "what if" situation.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I took Roxy to NorthStar vets in Allenwood, NJ to Dr. Doolan. He was awesome! He looks like a 70 year old hippie, but he was so good with Roxy. She did not even try to bite him once, and he had her right up in his face. I found him very knowledgeable. He was even able to take blood from her neck, which our last vet was not able to do. So, if anyone is looking for a vet in NJ, he's the one to go to!

On another note, I just have to convey my excitement that Roxy has lost 66 grams since I got her a year and a half ago! She is finally at the correct weight for a female SI eclectus! I was so happy to hear that all of the exercise and good food I have been giving her has worked! Yay!

Glad you found a wonderful vet
Please copy and paste the vets details in Vets in your area !!!!!!!
Perhaps when someone in your area is in urgent need of a vet, they can find the necessary info urgently.

Thank you

Most Reactions