I found my Baby!

OP
Sadie

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
Well he states all birds are guarenteed in writing to be disease free and free of any pre existing conditions, but it is void if the bird is not seen by a vet within 72 hours of arrival. thats no problem, i have every intention on seeing a vet for a check up and to establish a relationship with the avian vet.

lol pedro, i dont think there is a return policy, but honestly i have been looking forward to a parrot for so long, i think he can end up being a holy terror and i would love him just the same! "go ahead my dream come true, scream every second of the day!" :)

OP
Sadie

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
oh my i'm being a nut!
no pictures yet, and he is still listed as available! lol im sure he just hasnt gotten to it yet, but comon! THATS MY BABY! YOU HAVE MY DEPOSIT!!!
way too excited....

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Lol, don't flip out, he probably just hasn't had time to update the website. Sometimes it's hard to get online when the birds are still awake. My amazon will just sit on my knee when he's out, so I can use the computer, but he is the only one who lets me. Merlin won't let me stop petting her and Rowdy is all over the place all the time and needs much supervision.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
If you don't mind me asking, who is the breeder and where are they located in Florida?

What a real cute guy. You will love your Eclectus, they are soooo smart and fun birds.

Mike

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
By the way, I think the law in Florida requires breeders to give a 72 hour health gaurantee. But you must take him to a vet for a checkup within that period of time. Depending on when you receive him, you may want to schedule an appoint with your local avian vet a few days before your baby arrives to make sure they will be able to see him within the 72 time period.

OP
Sadie

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
mtdoramike: oh i definatly will have a vet appt scheduled. i already have a vet in min :)
The breeders name is Tom Freeman from suncoast aviculture. I hope he has a good rep :)

Thanks for the encouragement roxy, im sure im just being super excited and over thinking it. I've never done this before...

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
No, you're awesome! Your excitement is contagious. He'll get to the website. I'm sure it is hard on breeders, having many birds to care for and all those babies to hand feed. I bet their entire lives are birds, birds, birds. I only have 3 and they get mad at me for taking a shower, lol! Going to the grocery store or a doctor appointment? Holy crap, the world ends for them.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Awwww my he is so so cute hehe! Love the name Rocky :)

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
mtdoramike: oh i definatly will have a vet appt scheduled. i already have a vet in min :)
The breeders name is Tom Freeman from suncoast aviculture. I hope he has a good rep :)

Thanks for the encouragement roxy, im sure im just being super excited and over thinking it. I've never done this before...

Thanks, his prices are great. I'm a tad leary of dealing with breeders who don't have their own web site, especially if they sell a variety of birds and offer shipping services. But if the feedback on Bird Breeders can be believed, he has a good reputation.

You can tell him about this forum and ask if he would like to join us. We can always use experiences folks here.

OP
Sadie

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
oh god, now you have me worried its a scam! he sent me an invoice and i paid the deposit via paypal.
I mentioned to the breeded i was working with about my vacation concern, she called a few hours later and said to check this guy out because he had one available sooner and it may be worth looking into..
i will mention this forum and invite him to join.

AngelSeri

Mar 13, 2012
Media
Wauwatosa, WI
Parrots
Auki (SI Eclectus)
Sadie, I'm supposed to be getting a male SI Eclectus from the same breeder on 3/31 & this is my first time using Tom for a breeder as well, so I'll make sure to let you know how the process goes & how the bird's health/socialization is. Congrats on your new baby! :)

OP
Sadie

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
aww congrats to you too!
lets hope its not the same baby lol.
i am looking forward to hearing about your experience!
communication i feel has been less then i would like...

Most Reactions

Latest posts