I got a job

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I'll have to ask exactly what she is tomorrow. She doesn't really have any red on her though. Catalina sounds familiar though.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Catablu macaws are very similar to B&G I'd say Kachina is more similar to the catalina macaw. Or maybe something other? Hybrid Macaws, About Hybrid Macaw Parrots, Types of Hybrid Macaws

She's quite possibly a multi-gen hybrid since she doesn't look like a first gen catalina. Catalinas are usually like "sun conue orange" where-as Harlequins are more "jenday conure red", as a poor comparison. Kachina is neither. More "gold" than orange/red.

If the beak wasn't quite as light as it is, I'd almost say a miligold, honestly! If you search for them though, you can find pictures of hybrids labeled as miligold and catalina that look like her.

Catablu's are Catalina x B&G... and they generally do look like pure B&G's to the untrained eye. Maybe she's from Catalina x Catalina parentage?

Makes me miss working with birds... haven't done it in a pet store type of situation before and I don't think I could, at least not here!

Most Reactions