I Got Chops! Er, Chop, That Is.

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Who got chops? I got chops! Well, actually, I have chop, which is even better! Thanks to my wonderful parents' coming over to my house to help with the slicing and dicing, I finished my first batch of chop! It only took us about three hours to make the huge vat with over twenty different veggies, four grains, beans, and rice.

Thankfully I figured out how to make my cheap food processor do what I wanted, and even better than that, Sammy LOVED IT! He's not real big on trying new foods, so I let him watch as I crumbled up a Nutriberri and mixed it into the cup to lure him into trying a few bites... and then he was unstoppable! I filled half the cup and he ate all but this!!!

photo%201_zps3g2hzo50.jpg

Now I can sleep well knowing my boy is getting all the nutrition he needs!

The chopped veggies (before grains):

photo%205_zpsioywhqm8.jpg

Cooking Grains:

photo%202-1_zps7pjzzok9.jpg

Drying Beans:

photo%201-1_zpskgr26ko6.jpg

Drying Grains:

photo%204_zpsaofdmkjb.jpg

Mixed in the Tub:

photo%203_zpseup0jaet.jpg

All Bagged up!!!:

photo%202_zpsrq9hvbgr.jpg

YAY! I am so happy! Super success! 71 freezer bags of heaven!

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Lol! You apparently don't use your freezer :)
I have to make much smaller batches as I only have room got about ten bags

OP
Puck

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Hehehe, I am an order pizza get McDonald's type of person!

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
Lol! You apparently don't use your freezer :)
I have to make much smaller batches as I only have room got about ten bags

LOL.....You should see my Pantry.....even has a frig/freezer there just or the bird stuff and it's packed full.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Your chop looks awesome! The best part is it passed the Sammy test:)
How sweet of your parents to come and help...it is so much easier and more fun with company!

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
I had a full size upright freezer. Then a friend of mine sold me her chest freezer cheap. My mom wax like we don't need that and there's no room. I made room lol. A month later the big freezer went out.

Hmmmm maybe I should try the birdie bread again. After 3 weeks of Ace refusing to eat it I gave up then forgot about it till now

Most Reactions