I got engaged!!!

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Thank you everyone!!! You are so very thoughtful to wish me the best!

We aren't in a rush, he needs to sell his home in Sacramento first so we can get a place together down in the bay area where he works, and I am still in school but ALMOST finished!!!! YAAAY So that's kinda what needs to happen first before the wedding.

@lotosha He asked my Parronts permission lol, but Chloe and Petri are in love with him, Rio is unsure and Margret clucks her mating noise at him every chance she gets .....So I guess its an okay from them LOL!

That really is a bad picture....the ring is gorgeous ...I feel really spoiled that he got me something so nice....I hope it doesnt bite me in the butt later when we could have used that money on something we needed but hopefully after graduation I will have a decent job to help out better with the household. Let me go wander outside and take a picture of it in the sun!!

@mtdoramike --- HAHAHA!!! Nice I will tell this to Jeff
@Lindy -- omgosh I don't know!! I need to get some books and look at ideas, I really don't have any idea of what I want and I don't know what he wants either.

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Okay don't mind the henna art....some girls were going it at school for their club and I had them do it ....I've been trying to wash it off since I've been asked about it so much......my grandparents thought I got a hand tattoo......

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Yea how the heck am I gonna stop them from trying to eat it!! ARrrghhh!!

First, congratulations.....then.....you & hubby to be really need to come to an understanding.....and.....yes, I fully understand the significance of this point & that particular item in a girl's life, but the realization is that you have 3 birds that are more than capable of un-setting that stone & those little baubles are totally undetectable in X-rays.....

I guess you could always get yourself an oyster shucker's stainless mess glove to protect it.....

When you come down off your cloud, give it some thought.....

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Yea I will probably take it off when I handle them honestly, it's not worth it. Thank you :)

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Thank you so much, I am so happy. It's been a long road to find this guy ....it's so funny that I met him at Starbucks. I have worked in my drive thru store for almost 5 years now, and after small talk for ~6 months I decided to write my number on his cup. It worked! He called the next day :D He's the only person I ever did that with and I had great success! I am so glad I did since he would have never made a move since he is in law enforcement and in uniform so that would have been not acceptable if I decided to complain.

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
Thank you so much, I am so happy. It's been a long road to find this guy ....it's so funny that I met him at Starbucks. I have worked in my drive thru store for almost 5 years now, and after small talk for ~6 months I decided to write my number on his cup. It worked! He called the next day :D He's the only person I ever did that with and I had great success! I am so glad I did since he would have never made a move since he is in law enforcement and in uniform so that would have been not acceptable if I decided to complain.

What a great story! You are so brave. I also made the first move when I first met my husband to be:) As always we girls have to do everything by our self:D
Very beautiful ring bye the way:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts