I just realized something about Franklin

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
I didn't get to clean Franklin's cage the last couple days...which is USUALLY okay as he has plenty of room and it doesn't dirty up that fast.

Today, of course I was like...I HAVE to get Frankie's cage cleaned and I did it...only takes a few minutes to pull out the tray, empty it, wash it and put a new paper down. I slide the tray back in his cage and when he see's his new clean house...he ALWAYS immediately runs to his fresh cleaned water dish...I always clean it first...and takes a bath!

I thought I noticed this a few weeks ago, that as soon as he saw his new house he bathed...so I've been paying closer attention.

If I clean every day, he'll take a bath everyday...if it's every other day, he'll bathe every other day.

Sucha good boy!

And I'm told I'm extremely lucky, because, knock on wood...He's never bathed in his "dirty" water dish...and it get's gross quickly because he's a food dipper/dunker. I bet I empty and wash his water dish 4 - 6 times a day. :D I just can't stand to see it all "back washed" in.

Anyway, just thought I'd share...

Toni

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
Sprite is kinda like that!! He doesn't bathe EVERY time, but he usually does ;)

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Ugh. Lucky you! My Dusky likes to take baths in her "soup". She then smells like wet bird, wet pellets, and whatever fruit/veggie she tossed in the water.

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
Both Lucy and Bleu have 4 bowls, one for food, one for water, one for treats, and one for bathing :) Lucy will NEVER bathe in her water bowl if she's planning on drinking from it, and Bleu will ONLY bathe in his ziploc container "bathtub" if I play in the water too haha

Bleu is a bacteria soup chef too... haha

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Rowdy usually jumps in right after I change her water, but sometimes she jumps into the pellet soup. I do change it several times a day, but she is a pellet dunker, too. Then I will change it right after she bathes again, and sometimes she jumps right back in!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
My parrotlet, Mario, likes to dip his face in his water, then his food, then back to his water, food, water, etc. So, I could change his water 100 times a day! Why do they do that? They don't seem to do that in the wild.

Most Reactions