I let Peanut grow in her flight feathers

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh I’m hoping against hope it’s our Peanut! Stay safe and keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebrave

May 8, 2018
I know what you mean. :( My Luna boy had started to grow his flight feathers, and started to get brave with flying. I generally cut them but because they're almost full feathers, still pumping blood, I have decided to hold off on cutting. when taking him outside earlier to their cage, he flew off, startled by the neighbors singing karaoke, super loudly. It just happened. Feel like a bad bird parent, honestly. This is my fourth time going through this (my other parrot likes joy flights and is stubborn nwith coming home, even though she knows how). But don't be too hard on yourself. I'd suggest calling around for your parrot yourself if you can. Make Peanuts favorite sounds. That's how I got my other parrot to come home those other times, making sure she knew where I was. Kind of like a flock call.

Best of luck to you, I'll be on my own hunt for my little born monster.

10/01/19 update: I called out for Luna like I suggested, and he definitely called back. I was able to find him a block away, but a few houses down from our own. Luna is home, eating breakfast and I hope your Peanut got home too!

Last edited:
OP
S

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
It's been almost two months. I had one confirmed sighting because the man posted her picture on the counties lost and found pet site, but by the time I saw it she had already flown away. I've had many other leads that have lead me to nothing. I have her posted in every lost and found pet site on the net, plus put out hundreds of flyers.Recently a lady told me she saw her in a tree, I wouldn't have believed it but two other people also reported seeing a green and yellow type parrot in the same area. It's mentally exhausting and there is no closure because I just don't know.

OP
S

Sandy19

Mar 22, 2017
I honestly don't think she could have survived this long out there, but now one lady tells me she definitly saw her in a tree and two other people in the neighborhood totally unrelated saw a green and yellow bird in their yard. This is awful. And you can only walk and look in trees for so long, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I honestly don't think she could have survived this long out there, but now one lady tells me she definitly saw her in a tree and two other people in the neighborhood totally unrelated saw a green and yellow bird in their yard. This is awful. And you can only walk and look in trees for so long, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I’ll send you some hope in case you’re running out. These sightings are very positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SammyAndyAlex

Sep 9, 2018
Parrots
Sammy - Jardines Parrot - Hatchday: 4.2.2014
Andy - Congo African Grey - Hatchday 6.12.2018
Alex - Congo AfricanGrey - Hatchday 19.1.2021
I know what you mean. :( My Luna boy had started to grow his flight feathers, and started to get brave with flying. I generally cut them but because they're almost full feathers, still pumping blood, I have decided to hold off on cutting. when taking him outside earlier to their cage, he flew off, startled by the neighbors singing karaoke, super loudly. It just happened. Feel like a bad bird parent, honestly. This is my fourth time going through this (my other parrot likes joy flights and is stubborn nwith coming home, even though she knows how). But don't be too hard on yourself. I'd suggest calling around for your parrot yourself if you can. Make Peanuts favorite sounds. That's how I got my other parrot to come home those other times, making sure she knew where I was. Kind of like a flock call.

Best of luck to you, I'll be on my own hunt for my little born monster.

10/01/19 update: I called out for Luna like I suggested, and he definitely called back. I was able to find him a block away, but a few houses down from our own. Luna is home, eating breakfast and I hope your Peanut got home too!

Wait. You've lost parrots four times? Shouldn't you like, i dont know, maybe NOT take them outside if it has happened so many times?

I dont mean to be rude but I am genuinely surprised at how many times it has happened to you. Like this is the type of mistake that you make once and then never again. Preferably, you dont make it at all.

Most Reactions

Latest posts