Dec 27, 2017
Australia
Parrots
Duckie -( passed ) 1.5yrs Yellow-sided GCC

Eden- 14/8/2017 High-red pineapple conure

Indi- 12/11/2017 White bellied caique

Asher- 15/1/2018 - Black capped conure

Wolfie- 21/10/2017- Alexandrine
Iā€™m so sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences goes to you, your husband and your fids.

You know that Venus was very loved and was in a very good home.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Tracey, Iā€™m so sorry. Iā€™m sad for you. You really, really tried with Venus, and you did all you could do. Itā€™ll take time to fill the hole in your hearts and be able to smile at the good memories of your little morning coffee buddy. Hang in there. Youā€™re such a wonderful animal mom. Big hugs.

Last edited:

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I am soo sorry for the loss of your venus.you gave her a great life and tons of love. And im sure she knew it. You and your husband are wonderful people. Wish i could take your pain away. Sending you both love and feathered hugs.

MySweetJess

Feb 17, 2017
Gloversville, NY
I am so sorry for your loss. The bigger our hearts are the more painful it is. I had a parakeet lured down from the top of the bedroom door by my cat and I came home to find feathers leading to her. How can we possibly avert every accident given that they can occur within split second. I won't barage you with my personal faith, but I can tell you Venus is in a peaceful state with no pain whatsoever watching over you; I believe this and have had my own evidence since my parrot's death.

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Hi All, I'm re-hashing my loss with Venus. I miss her so much. I have Buddy my 27 yo Mexican Red Head, he loves head scritches, he gets a lot of head scritches. I also have Buzz my 5 yo African Gray, he isn't lovey dovey.

My Venus was my buddy, she snuggled with me, was right there with me, she tried to dip in my coffee, i made her cups of veggies and fruit to dive into while I sipped my coffee.

I am missing her so much. Since she passed I have spent many mornings staring at where we laid her to rest. Venus was so special.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Know how you feel Tracey.Every once in a while I look out in our yard and see the boulder over my little Maxie's grave. You remember Venus so fondly, I'm sure you always will.

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
Some things take more time than others. A loving companion is a harder loss than any kind of money or possession. If it helps, remember that the pain is there because good memories are there, and those can never be taken away. The love you shared together may not be shared any more, but it is part of you now and forever. It was real, and it is still real in your memory, and it will always be real. The pain is real, but it will get better. I think it is right and proper that we grieve for our loved ones. That grief is the price of love, and we will all pay it some day. I'm sorry you have to pay it now, but I'm glad you had the love you bought with it.

Most Reactions