I love my fids so much..and they me..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without these two.

Because I truly feel this forum is my second family,I want to share a short story.
I just got home from the hospital a few hours ago. Late Saturday night I was experiencing severe chest pains and cold sweats at work. I thought forsure it was a heart attack coming on. I am no stranger to these. At 40 yrs old I had double bypass and five years later a stent inserted after one of the graphs collapsed.
I got myself back to the shipping office and they called 911.
Yesterday I had an angioplasty done to check the condition of my plumbing. The only thing the Cardiologist found was a small vein with "slight" blockage. He said inserting a stent could possibly do more damage and it could be taken care of with medication ( blood thinners) and there was no muscle damage.

So I'm there,and my poor kids are alone..I asked my brother to please go feed them and at least let BB out while he was there (Amy and David don't see eye to eye lol..she will lunge at him at times)
David said as soon as he got in the house BB started with his whistling and calling as he always does..he open his front door and Beebs immediately jumped on his arm and ran up his arm doing the Andy Griffith,wolfie whistle and little boy in his ear and rode on his shoulder to the kitchen and helped David find the millet and fruity pellets.
Amy stayed in her house but took a celery stick from his fingers and he said she was "talking" to him..no lunging or poofiness.

I have an answering machine in the living room and when someone leaves a message you can hear it..the machine sits on a stereo speaker next to Amy so I called and left them a message saying I was on my way home and will see them soon.

As soon as I opened the door,BB started in..and Amy was yelling HELLO!! HELLO!! They knew it was me:)

Amy is giving me her rare loveys right now..preening my beard,beaking my cheek..and soft 'zon grunts in my ear..I have tears in my eyes :07:

Jim

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
I'm so sorry to hear you're having health problems, I know how difficult it can be, I suffer from a few myself.

There is definitely some comfort in having our feathered companions, and Sydney has a way of letting me know when something is wrong out where most of the birds are (I have an escape artist.)

Sydney specifically has been with me through a lot over the years and I'm very thankful to have him, because I would have been utterly alone sometimes without him. They can be quite the responsibility sometimes, but they're definitely worth it.

Wish I was closer to give you a hug!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I am sure the birds can sense your emotions.
glad you are doing ok.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I am so sorry about your cardiac issues, very scary.
Glad you are back home.

I understand how you feel completely. I’ve only had Levi since last August & we are like Velcro. I adore my boy.
I hope your health gets better and you don’t have to be away from your luvs.

Be well.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
First, I'm so relieved it wasn't the heart attack that you suspected. 40 and 45 are such young ages to have had heart surgery, Jim. I'm thankful both went well.

And awesome story, despite the scary start. Yes, there's just something special about the love of our fids. They are so empathetic, so in tune with our feelings and emotions. Amy and BB obviously knew you needed an extra dose of love.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
We ARE family. Period. I'm so glad you checked in with us. I miss you when you don't post, Jim! I wonder how Amy and Beebs are doing when I don't hear from you. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF, for us and your fids.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Jim, I'm so sorry you're having heart issues, sounds like you've had some very scary experiences at a young age. So glad Amy and the Beebs are there for you, no one better to heal a heart. We know how well you take care of the Fids, please remember to take care of you. I'm glad your brother was there to help out. We are family too, please keep us updated.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh my, I'm thankful it's not what it could have been. And yes, they know when something is amiss. Be well! Nigel has excused Beebs from any planned ruckus til you feel better!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
JIM, what the hell, boy?? You gotta stay well for the fids! I think its' great you called from the hospital to let them know you are OK and will be home soon - I bet Amy and BeeBee appreciated it. If I can help in any way, you know where and how to get me - need me to bird watch and stuff, I'd be glad to watch the fids.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Oh my, I'm thankful it's not what it could have been. And yes, they know when something is amiss. Be well! Nigel has excused Beebs from any planned ruckus til you feel better!

LOL...Thank you Sir Nigel ;)

Jim

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Sorry I missed the thread, I'm glad all your plumbing is still intact!! Nothin like a good dose of feathered love to bring the stress levels down. Don't work yourself too hard.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Just an update...

...Well my event wasn't as serious as I thought it was :)

The Doc said even though my last surgery was over 15 years ago the plumbing is still in great shape..no signs of blockage ( except for the "slight" blockage in the "small vein" that he wasn't concerned about. A new med (blood thinner) will take care of that.

I just have to see my regular heart quack later today to get the ohkee dohkee to get my butt back to work.

Thank you ALL for caring so much..it means the world to me and Amy and the Beebs.

Jim

Most Reactions