I must be insane

OP
GinaF

GinaF

Aug 13, 2013
Utah
Parrots
B&G macaw
Oh I've been in contact with them as well. We have 2 rescue groups here. Arctic Breeds Rescue an Moonsong Malamute Rescue. Both have seeral dogs that could work out but I've not had the chance to meet them yet.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Mushing would be SO fun! Hubs always says we need to build a cart for Apollo to pull around...I even found harnesses and gear online! But we haven't done it yet lol

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Rocco would pull me on a sled as he used to pull me down the street on a leash with me trying to catch up behind him...lol...Alexis on the other hand would look at me like I'm crazy if I ask her to pull. She's very good on the leash. :)

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
My friend mushes, Has 40 dogs. A true husky isn't a breed, it's a mix of a bunch of dogs. Lol, so that's why every husky or malamute in Alaska looks so much different, vs the ones in the lower 48 tend to be consistent - ours Are solely for running! They make awful pets :(
Mushing is a lot of fun. If you start mushing, start off with, at the very least, a well trained leader. And talk to lots of musher, too, you need a broad horizon in things.
Dogs are a lot faster then you may think, so the first time mushing can be scary. LOL.
Love all the husky pics, btw, so cute. Ours are scruffy because they live outside, but i luv them nonetheless.

Kimmied

Sep 7, 2013
PA
Parrots
I have one umbrella cockatoo. A female 3 years old named Mina.
Gina, I am laughing so hard because I literally snuck a pug into my house by saying I found her in a field. Hahaha maybe that can work for you. You found her in a snow drift. No really I hear husky's are wonderful dogs.

OP
GinaF

GinaF

Aug 13, 2013
Utah
Parrots
B&G macaw
Gina, I am laughing so hard because I literally snuck a pug into my house by saying I found her in a field. Hahaha maybe that can work for you. You found her in a snow drift. No really I hear husky's are wonderful dogs.

The first one will be easy. "What dog? There's a DOG?! I seriously don't know what you're talking about! You've been working way too much. I think you need some time off."

It's the other 5 to make the sled dog team that I may have issues with.
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission though. I think I'm going to go that route.

Most Reactions

Latest posts